Forum

Tips for Contest Holders - Inviting designers to enter your contest

Logo Designer
HOW TO INVITE A DESIGNER TO YOUR CONTEST

You can get to a designer's portfolio page one of several ways. Here are two good options:

Go to https://logotournament.com/logodesigners and select a designer from the list of site ranks by clicking the designer's name. Or go to https://logotournament.com/portfolio to see examples of logos submitted to other contests, and when you see one that catches your eye, click the designer's name to view their portfolio.

From the portfolio, click "Send Private Message" and send the designer a link to your contest.

IMPORTANT: If your message is generic, like "we just started a new contest and would like you to join," some of us will look at this like spam email. Think quality over quantity here. Better to send 10 tailored invites than 100 generic invites (more on why below). Instead, list three logos from the designer's portfolio that are stylistically what you're loooking for in your own logo. This lets us know that you took the time to review our work and actually like some of the work we've done.

IF YOU INVITE A DESIGNER, DEFINITELY...

Provide feedback to that designer if s/he enters your contest. Anymore, designers may choose what contests NOT TO ENTER by ignoring invitations. This is because we've received so many spam type messages, entered, and then found our designs ranked "not interested" with no feedback on dozens of occasions. That's why tailored messages are important -- inviting can have a negative impact on participation if we don't think you've chosen us for a reason.

See https://logotournament.com/forum/general_discussion/6641 for more information on ranking and feedback.

WHY INVITE?

There are lots of contests for designers to choose from, and sometimes we might miss yours. If you aren't getting enough submissions, inviting can be a great way to increase participation (if you follow the advice above). And if you actually do review some portfolios and invite designers who match your style, you can increase the odds that you'll walk away with the perfect logo. This process emulates what it would be like to select and hire a design firm or freelancer to create your logo, but gives you the benefit of the contest format at the same time.

Good luck!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what needed to be said.

All CH's Need to Follow This
14 years ago

Client
Great advice -
I was not aware of how important the feedback was in my first contest. I ended up with a good logo but my current contest is running much better. Also, I don't know if it is just me, but I didn't know how designers were ranked so I moved a couple into the "uninterested" category so the designer would know which of their designs I was leaning toward, once I found out how they accumulate points I changed the way I communicate preferences. Maybe everyone read that part before they ran a contest but if the CH doesn't know how Designers accumulate points in addition to being one of the top three they may not know where to place the logos.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Great thread. It would also be nice if the ch remembers to give out at least a thank you ribbon for those designers who actually participate and achnowledge the invitation.... .
14 years ago

Logo Designer
and give a minimum feedback!
i'was invited by Hybrid Coffee Roasting Company through very very kind words... This is a $300 contest and normaly i dont get in under $500... But i entered and worked (no recycled logo) and wait... nothing!
(Client Rank: New ⁄ Unranked since 7 days)... Courtesy doesn't exist anymore?!...
I had many many cases like this! So boring... never again!
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231