Forum

World Cup is Kryptonite

Logo Designer
Is anyone finding it hard to design logo's when the World Cup is on the tv all the time? I have been so engrossed in the multitude of matches so far that my logo-designing-time has slipped.
Seems to have the same flippin' effect on me as Kryptonite on Clark Kent!

And Scotland didn't even qualify this year! Cripes!! :-o
14 years ago

Logo Designer
What world cup of what? Scotland, Clark Kent?... Never heard about it... Are you ok, do you sleep well, Muz'?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm just interested in 3 teams, I dont bother watching the others. I dont have enough time even if I did like the other teams.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
satto said:
What world cup of what? Scotland, Clark Kent?... Never heard about it... Are you ok, do you sleep well, Muz'?

Cheers, Satto, I am good. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
I'm just interested in 3 teams, I dont bother watching the others. I dont have enough time even if I did like the other teams.

I was born Scottish, but with 14th century Dutch genes, and with sympathetic ties to other European countries. LOL

Shocker today! Germany (1 man down) get beaten 1-0 by Serbia. Germany had alot of chances on goal and Serbia did not pick up the pace. A huge flop.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Slovenia scored against USA :/
I was born in england so I want to see england win the world cup before I die, last time they did, i wasnt even a twinkle in my mums eye. I want USA to do well, and I want to see cameroon make it far too. Although they're nowhere near as good as they were when they were a part time team, and not as entertaining either, seems as soon as they started taking it seriously, their skills dropped about 100 points :/
14 years ago

Logo Designer
http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=8/day=1/match=300061463/index.html

live game (stats) if anyone is interested and not at a TV! (usa vs slovenia)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html (other goodies)

I'm actually pulling for Ghana along with USA to make it as far as they can.

One of my soccer trainers was from Ghana, played on the national team for a couple of years but never made it to the WC.

p.s. espn360 has steaming live video feeds but IDK if it works for people that aren't hooked up with a good ISP.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
Slovenia scored against USA :/
I was born in england so I want to see england win the world cup before I die, last time they did, i wasnt even a twinkle in my mums eye. I want USA to do well, and I want to see cameroon make it far too. Although they're nowhere near as good as they were when they were a part time team, and not as entertaining either, seems as soon as they started taking it seriously, their skills dropped about 100 points :/

Slovenia are doing very well in this game. Birsa looks ace!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
5tarv1ng_4rt1st said:
http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=8/day=1/match=300061463/index.html

live game (stats) if anyone is interested and not at a TV! (usa vs slovenia)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html (other goodies)

I'm actually pulling for Ghana along with USA to make it as far as they can.

One of my soccer trainers was from Ghana, played on the national team for a couple of years but never made it to the WC.

p.s. espn360 has steaming live video feeds but IDK if it works for people that aren't hooked up with a good ISP.

Cheers for the footie web info, 5tarv1ng_4rt1st.
Watching US v Slv on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_22

Back to the game. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
WHAT A GOAL!!!!

Goooo Landon

(I would have never been able to finish that..)

The officiating has been crap in this game, a yellow card for a face ball and a missed PK... advantage on what 3 defenders and your ass on the ground?

edit pt2: this ref is HORRIBLE Edu got ROBBED of that GAME WINNER...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
5tarv1ng_4rt1st said:
WHAT A GOAL!!!!

Goooo Landon

(I would have never been able to finish that..)

The officiating has been crap in this game, a yellow card for a face ball and a missed PK... advantage on what 3 defenders and your ass on the ground?

edit pt2: this ref is HORRIBLE Edu got ROBBED of that GAME WINNER...

I have to agree. Second half: Slov's were crap, and US pulled out superbly. US should have got that goal. Multi-illeagal hugs from Slov's in the box. Should have been 3-2 for US. And ref was an idiot. Must be related to A Undiano Mallenco!

England v Algeria next up. England needs alot of goals to stay in the WC. Algeria.... who knows???
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i walked away after the first half and missed the good part :( USA was down 2-0 and I was too disheartened to watch it :/
I will not be making that same mistake twice >:/
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yea, cant wait for the england game, hopefully england will beat the dog-crap out of slovenia too.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
i walked away after the first half and missed the good part :( USA was down 2-0 and I was too disheartened to watch it :/
I will not be making that same mistake twice >:/

I missed a goal while chasing a bluebottle fly around the kitchen with a fly swatter.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
5tarv1ng_4rt1st said:
Yea, cant wait for the england game, hopefully england will beat the dog-crap out of slovenia too.

England seem to be a bit iffy at the start of the match. Maybe they will get into the game asap.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
....or maybe not.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yea that was actually an unexpected outcome, Algeria had control of that game and England missed all their chances.

Pressure is really on England now to beat Slovenia...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Algeria went overboard on the defenses, apparently theyre pinning their hopes on beating USA, either that or theyre content to not advance but want to cause as much discord as they can before that happens.
Rooney needs to step up or step down, he's abysmal.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yep, England were terrible. They brought on Crouch in the last minutes of the game. What was that all about? To lift spirits? Who knows what?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
muzski said:
Yep, England were terrible. They brought on Crouch in the last minutes of the game. What was that all about? To lift spirits? Who knows what?

Probably believe they wont get into the next round and want to give the subs some playtime in the world cup :P
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
Probably believe they wont get into the next round and want to give the subs some playtime in the world cup :P

Quite possibly. England had that same defeated look/attitude throughout their game just like France and Germany recently. Very strange, as it is only the first round.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Lol Australia is done, red card at 24 mins... free goal too.

GOOO Ghana!!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Oz will have a massive hill to climb in the 2nd half.

Ghana's celebration dance is fab!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Pretty crappy game altogether, have to hand it to the Aussies for holding their own a man down all game though. Ghana played horrible.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yip, loads of opportunities for Ghana, terrible strikers shooting wide. I agree, Oz done well, although a man down. Kennedy and Chippers were a good addition. Wish they were on earlier.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Its too bad Ghana is playing Germany, if only Germany was some other team the US could easily beat..

If the US advances out of 2c they play 1d (or vice versa) Which.. if Germany beats Ghana, will be Germany =[

I am behind the US team for this US vs Algeria game, I think we have it in the bag, but its not going to be an easy win.

Kickoff in 37 minutes.

Pulling for a USA win !
14 years ago

Logo Designer
DONOVAN IS THE MAN!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Well done! But Donovan was flattened at the corner post, after that screamer of a goal. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I am with you muzski! I cant walk away from the TV because of the World Cup!!!! I I just missed a few matches because of the University :D I am waiting for the match betwen Argentina and Mexico, What a shame with the Italian team, I liked very much the Quagliarela's match today! He made an amazing goal!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
It certainly is a different World Cup from what most fans are used to, Monse. Slovakia surprised me totally, Italy must be super gutted. In Italy, only two things matter. Religion and football. I seen it first hand when I was travelling around Italy in 2006 when they won the World Cup. The atmosphere in Florence was fantastic. :-)

I watched Japan v Denmark yesterday. How much energy do these Japanease guys have? Amazing! Well done to them. Next match that I am looking forward to is Portugal v Brazil. That will be a good one. Both teams seem to be on top form recently.

Good luck with the Maradona's, Monse! :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Portugal 2 - 0 Brazil
14 years ago

Logo Designer
satto said:
Portugal 2 - 0 Brazil

Eh, nope. 0-0. Dreadful game. I was looking forward to great game. Wish I watched the Ivory Coast game on the other side.

Japan v Denmark has been my fave match so far.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes That was a great match, Honda is an amazing player! Brazil and Portugal was not a good game but the intetligence was on the side of Portugal I think! Now I am looking for the game between Chile and Spain! Thats gonna be a death match!!!! The one who was the favorite before, and one team that is very fast and dangerous... For being south american, My terrific best of the best final would be Argentina - Brazil. But I also like Netherlands, England, and Spain... A shame for Italy!! Its true what you said Muzski, Religion and football, no more XD, maybe women :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Ha ha ha ha... I like your last comment, Monse.
Here's hoping Spain v Chile will be a better match. I would like to see Chile (underdogs) win, for a change, but Spain has a more skillful side. Who knows who will win, this World Cup has been full of bloomin' surprises!
Get ready to blow your vuvuzela. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hahah that vuvuzela's are awful! I liked the match! I like Marcelo Bielsa (Chile's Manager) going crazy XD
Are you with England in this World Cup Muzski? Where are you from in the United Kingdom?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yep, the vuvuzela's sound like an annoying giant bee! Chile in the first half were addicted to being booked, but calmed down for second half. Spain were v good. I understood their unspoken-alliance at the end of the game. They knew they were both thru. The Chilean coach was sneezing alot too. Ha ha ha!
I am Scottish, hence my enjoyment of various games, without the angry tartan passion. LOL
We get alot of annoying propaganda over here for the ENGLAND team. Kinda sick of them comparing themselves with far better teams that deserve to be in the World Cup. Good luck to them if they get better, but I think, personally, they wont. If they played a team like JAPAN, who look ace right now, they would be totally blown out of the water. Splosh! :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I am pulling for Portugal to win, obviously USA #1 but idk if they will make it that far.

I was really wanting to see Spain get knocked out, but they put together a pretty good performance and the Swiss totally screwed themselves..

I was really surprised that Chile only let those 2 goals in and actually put one on the board after being a man down.

I knew that guy was going to get his second card... Honestly I would have pulled him out of the game at least til the second half if the sub wasn't good enough.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Portugal has a good chance. The matches now will be more intense, so hopefully alot of good games to watch from now on.

USA v Ghana: Ghana are fast, but USA seems to have their heads screwed on.

England v Germany: Germany will most prob walk all over England, but England looked better in their last game.

Right, I am off for some birthday cake. Good luck all. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hardlines the USA, you played well, but Ghana pipped you at the post.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Ghana is a very dangerous team, it surprised me, I thought USA was going to get throw, I cant wait until tomorrow to the Argentinian Match!!! Germany and England is a "semifinal" for me, maybe a final! So I guess it will be an amazing Match! I argue with my girl today so I dont know if I am going to enjoy so much tomorrow :(
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hang in there, Monse.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm pulling for "Die Mannschaft" this time around.

My final 4 Predictions:

Uruguay, Holland, Germany, Portugal.

I bet a 2-1 score line on the Germany England game so lets see if it pays off.

(I bet 2-1 on the USA game and got fucked over, saw the game go 1-1 and figured my money was in the bank)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm not betting on anyone, 5tarv1ng_4rt1st. This WC is crazy. The teams playing abilities totally change in every game. A better idea is to spin a bottle and leave it all to raw chance! :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm feeling pretty good about this 2-1 scoreline..

Just need Rooney to pound one in at like 70 minutes and I'm set!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Damn.. 2-1 and the first half isn't even over.

I should have bet the 4-2

damn...

Guess I'll have to bank on Holland keeping a clean sheet.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
should be 2-2! that ball was over the line, the whole ball, not just part of it!!
Totally unfair!!!
I so want england to win, but my brain is convinced we're out of the world cup, very tense match for me :/
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Die Manschaft uber Den roastbeefs... 4-2
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Sadly England goal didn't count. Everyone on planet earth saw it go in, except the poor wee line-man.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
That 4-2 is lookin mighty fine... 70 mins its 4-1...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yet again, England is out-classed. Crap defence. Well done the Germans.
14 years ago

1 2 3 1 ... 3
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231