Forum

CH Question - Feedback Preferences

Hello Designers,

I just posted my first contest and am really interested in hearing how designers like to receive feedback. I am inclined to keep my criticism constructive yet effective. Perhaps it's only my personal preference but I've thus far been against short/succinct feedback to avoid bruising any feelings about the hard work that went into each design, but I'm afraid the good bits of feedback might get lost in the fluff.

I'm also a little uncertain how to say, "I don't know what I want or if this is it, but I like it and please keep trying!". I've been really impressed with what I've received so far and am looking forward to more original creations but when am I asking for too much?

I'm really hoping to cultivate a collaborative design environment but don't want to step on any toes. Any suggestions or feedback on my concerns would be greatly appreciated. :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
As far as I'm concerned, you're doing just fine. It can be difficult to communicate likes/dislikes, but as long as you keep the lines of communication open, most designers will react positively, whether your comments are positive or negative. The worst is an absentee contest holder who has no feedback at all.

Any designers who can't handle a little criticism are probably in the wrong business. :-)
14 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the community LT has developed. Makes me want to come up with new business ventures so I can come back more often!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i dont think its possible to ask too much or be too specific.
the only time you might need to worry is if you are too specific with comments in the general area which can result in you getting 20 designers all submitting the same / very similar designs.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yeah, always no feedback. I believe many CH rank the designers, not the designs.
Feedback makes CH meet their requirement plus stimulating designers to do better.
Hei... everybody needs to make their first step ! (esp. newbie). Fair contest, please! :/
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us