Forum

When is LT allowing more designers to sign up?

Client
Curious if it is happening anytime soon :) thanks
14 years ago

Logo Designer
as far as im aware, designers are allowed to sign up any time they want
14 years ago

Client
nope, ive tried every day for past 2 weeks, says in october 2009 will be accepting new designers :( i wanna JOIN AS ONE NOW!!!!! hehe
14 years ago

Logo Designer
The sign-up page currently says:

LogoTournament is Members Only.

We're sorry, but we are currently not accepting new designers. Please do not email us about this as we are not accepting new accounts under any circumstances, and will not be able to respond to you.

In October 2009 we will be accepting new designers, but they will be subject to the following requirements:

* Passing a test on site rules
* A website or portfolio displaying at least 10 different logos
* Minimum level of forum posts, as well as an introducing yourself to the community and showcasing your portfolio
* Final approval by an administrator

Why are we doing this? Quality over quantity. We're setting the bar higher to make the site better for our customers, designers, and our staff.
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
It most likely won't be until later in the month. We are working on some projects to help ensure sure that we have a very active and high quality user based.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
That's sounds perfect Tyler!!
14 years ago

Client
Cool, can't wait :) Thanks
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Wow, that screening process was started really fast! It sounds great! I'll be looking forward to meeting the new designers once they pass the qualifying test!
14 years ago

Client
lol, RacSas, your a funny guy, of course there's always one smartass... dont be bitter that u didnt win my contest. better luck next time. bet when they allow new designers to sign up, ill pass you in rank asap ;) see i can be a smartass too
14 years ago

rac
Logo Designer
Don't worry sonehs, you're the CH and you know what best for you. I always respect CH decision :). Well, can't wait to see you join us here on LT, and we'll see how long you will take time to pass my rank lol.

I wish you have a great success with your new logo.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs,,everone too, no name calling...we need to respect all, wether you are a designer, or CH, this will be respected........If you want, apply as designer...just register as designer....I noticed your 2 contest, you will not be able to resister to enter those in time.
Feedback is important, but as a female designer, your comments are offensive...maybe you can rephrase?
(many designer are women, maybe this is an ok by many, but many, ew)

https://logotournament.com/contests/homedogg.com

we all work hard as designers, and since only ONE wins, the rest rely on feedback/rankings/etc............
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs said:
lol, RacSas, your a funny guy, of course there's always one smartass... dont be bitter that u didnt win my contest. better luck next time. bet when they allow new designers to sign up, ill pass you in rank asap ;) see i can be a smartass too

Bold words man! We'll keep our eyes out for you once they open up registration again -- IF you can pass all the requirements to sign up. Make sure to introduce yourself in the forums so we know exactly who you are! We'll keep an eye on how long it takes you to climb the ranks! There's nothing like a good challenge to overcome, eh?

Now go give more feedback to the designers in your contest. They're waiting to hear from you. Good luck!

14 years ago

Logo Designer
How's weather in Greenland these days?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I think this is an excellent idea Tyler - it puts an end to a lot of problems.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Very interesting indeed. Should prove beneficial overall and a real drawing card (lol) for new contest holders. I don't know who thought of it but kudos to them:)
14 years ago

Client
As a future CH I'd like to know when new designers will be allowed on the site. There's a few professional designers I know who I'd like to compete in my next contest.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
luminate said:
As a future CH I'd like to know when new designers will be allowed on the site. There's a few professional designers I know who I'd like to compete in my next contest.

I hope sign-up will be locked for long time. Because of the reason posted above.
14 years ago

Client
luminate said:

That would be an interesting feature - to allow a temporary pass to designers for a specific contest. It would also be a nice way of screening new designers.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
"The best way" requirements:
-Personal website - a must
-Portfolio - a must
-Recommandations from porfolio and / or designers - a must
-Verified account details
These should be first steps to build a community with strong designers.

P.S.
For newbies there is a place called 99d. They can go there and make their hand.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
as long as the newbies don't have to win 300 contests over there like you did.That could take people awhile :)

On a side note, why don't you grandfather sonehs in as a designer. We need more 'colorful' personalities here. Tyler?

I also think Fulcrum Sojourn should be made a mod. That CH loves the community here.

:)

ulahts said:
"The best way" requirements:
-Personal website - a must
-Portfolio - a must
-Recommandations from porfolio and / or designers - a must
-Verified account details
These should be first steps to build a community with strong designers.

P.S.
For newbies there is a place called 99d. They can go there and make their hand.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
shantheman said:
luminate said:

That would be an interesting feature - to allow a temporary pass to designers for a specific contest. It would also be a nice way of screening new designers.

In a perfect world, this might be interesting. But we've seen lots of problems in the past with contest holders that start a contest and then either create a designer account themselves or have a friend create one. They get hundreds of ideas and then end up awarding the contest prize to themselves (or their friend). The designers who work hard here regularly, and who have built up good reputations for themselves, end up getting shafted in the process. And in at least one case that I know of, a contest holder was actually caught using the second place design -- which he did not pay for -- as his company logo. This just opens the door for fraud.

And though I know that most contest holders wouldn't even consider this type of skulduggery, it's better for the community here to avoid that possibility at all cost, even if it's only for <5% of contests. If you have friends that are professional designers, I would suggest contracting with them for a logo design; or, if they are willing to participate, hold a private contest or ask them to work on spec if you can't afford to just hire them. On the other hand, if you want to start a contest at LT, I say go for it. There are some amazingly talented designers here, and I'm sure you'll have a great experience even if your friends aren't able to participate.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Well said, Lindsey. Thanks.
14 years ago

Client
Lindsey said:
...But we've seen lots of problems in the past with contest holders that start a contest and then either create a designer account themselves or have a friend create one. They get hundreds of ideas and then end up awarding the contest prize to themselves (or their friend)....

That had not occurred to me. Yup, that would definitely be a problem. I concede :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
shantheman said:
Lindsey said:
...But we've seen lots of problems in the past with contest holders that start a contest and then either create a designer account themselves or have a friend create one. They get hundreds of ideas and then end up awarding the contest prize to themselves (or their friend)....

That had not occurred to me. Yup, that would definitely be a problem. I concede :)

It's happened way more times than you could imagine. We just had a CH cancel a contest because they found out after the fact that we were on a sign-up freeze. I guess they had some community designers they wanted in their contest. Didn't sound too legit too me.

Heck I won't even enter a contest if the CH is from one of the low percentage countries... and the ranked designer is from that same country. I've seen it happen way too often.
14 years ago

Client
Ok but back on topic of allowing new designers... SO LET ME JOIN :)
14 years ago

Client
wow this is whack, you moderators are ridiculous... cant make any comments without a moderator taking charge of their power to remove my post... cant even make a comment about how its lame that you have SO MANY INACTIVE DESIGNERS.... 145 pages of designers... goto page 50 and onwards! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT , rather then being childish and taking full control of power deleting someones COMMENT b/c it has to do with that yes you have a good website, but no you do not manage your users properly... you do not allow more talent to sign up when you have SOOO MANY WASTED PAGES of designers.. I guess either A.) you will listen or B.) I'll have another deleted post... nothing new to me
14 years ago

Logo Designer
This post will not likely be removed because you did not use profanity in this one like you did in the one that was removed.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs, the reason the comment was removed, is that it was negative, and unprofessional to criticize the quality of some designers work. .......that is all. If you'd like to comment, feel free to do so....in a friendly, constructive way:)

I agree with points, above, that you made.......LT has started to screen designers, for the quality of their work, so this is why new designers may be accepted more slowly......and I am sure that LT staff is looking into inactive accounts/designers.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
What peachdz9 said.

Also, your previous comment didn't say anything about it being lame that there are so many inactive designers. It basically said that you think you're a better designer than most of the top designers here. Here, I'll repost it for you without the profanity:

sonehs said:

Akronix is right... let me design Tyler! ;) i can show some good designs, my personal site is not up right now, long story, but! I have designs on www.designbay.com i can use as portfolio, and i can bet they beat ALOT of your so called "strong" designers. No lie LT has alot of GREAT designers, but also to go along with alot of these great designers, there is alot of **** ones that use MS Paint prolly.... thanks for letting me be heard, am still awaiting on LT to open up for new Designers.

Sonehs
14 years ago

Client
Lindsey said:
What peachdz9 said.

Also, your previous comment didn't say anything about it being lame that there are so many inactive designers. It basically said that you think you're a better designer than most of the top designers here. Here, I'll repost it for you without the profanity:

sonehs said:

Akronix is right... let me design Tyler! ;) i can show some good designs, my personal site is not up right now, long story, but! I have designs on www.designbay.com i can use as portfolio, and i can bet they beat ALOT of your so called "strong" designers. No lie LT has alot of GREAT designers, but also to go along with alot of these great designers, there is alot of **** ones that use MS Paint prolly.... thanks for letting me be heard, am still awaiting on LT to open up for new Designers.

Sonehs

I appologize for how i worded my other post, i do not mean to insult top designers as most are EXCELLENT but like i said in last post you need to do something about all these inactive designers... thanks
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs, why don't you try to calm down for a while.
Once the website will be up for new designers i suppose that you will be able to join.
Right now, is not open for new desgners anyway, so why pushing the table arround so much?
As for the designers, i can assure you that the competition is tight and there ar many great designers that could change your way of thinking about this community.

Oh, also stop guessing and assuming so much and yes, don't mess wth the Mod's ;) We are like a new powerfull hybrid animal: tigerpandas - we can kill but we cannot be killed :D Just kidding man.
Have patience and probably LT will be opened for new dsg. - hopefully no newbies.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
And sonehs,

Your backlash PM to me for removing your profanity (which is my volunteer job to do) was childish and mean.

I hope trying to make me feel crappy made you feel better.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
peachdz9 said:
And sonehs,

Your backlash PM to me for removing your profanity (which is my volunteer job to do) was childish and mean.

not looking good sonehs, do you ? now this will be looked into by Admins here and that would not help your case in being considered as a future designer here if you show that behavior and not as a CH too, you are being exposed to your real face / side by wanting to look nice here and apologizing while acting totally opposite and sending such a backlash PM to one of our cutest / peachy / respectable lady here on site.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
(flex)(dance)(flex) <<-- for those who got skype, they can type that in to see them.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
peachdz9 said:
And sonehs,

WOW...you did this sonehs? Peachdz9 was jut actiing as moderator...if I had moderated your post, removed. As said, part of what make a designer appealing, when LT looks at designer, is folio...second part, and really a key part is how designer is a constructive part of LT....PMing a designer or moderator, and backlashing, is NOT considered a constructive, contributing member.
14 years ago

Client
by saying i posted another post on forum, might wanna go abuse power and delete? please give me a break...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
where did you post on another forum ????confused am I....
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs said:
i posted another post on forum, might wanna go abuse power and delete?" please give me a break...

No...this was his PM to me for removing his post that contained profanity.

Backlash. Yes.
Childish. Yes.
Mean. Yes.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sonehs said:
wow this is whack, you moderators are ridiculous... cant make any comments without a moderator taking charge of their power to remove my post... cant even make a comment about how its lame that you have SO MANY INACTIVE DESIGNERS.... 145 pages of designers... goto page 50 and onwards! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT , rather then being childish and taking full control of power deleting someones COMMENT b/c it has to do with that yes you have a good website, but no you do not manage your users properly... you do not allow more talent to sign up when you have SOOO MANY WASTED PAGES of designers.. I guess either A.) you will listen or B.) I'll have another deleted post... nothing new to me

certainly whack, as we have a COMMUNITY of designers, respect is key...your post show no community respect, your pm, just re-iterates ...if anyone thinks its ok to backlash a designer/mod, on thread, via PM, NOT...it will be reported. This thread should be locked......as it is silly....if it can't be posted in a respectful way, do not post.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Don't feel bad Sonehs, I've had one of the meaner mods remove my post once for, and I quote...

"Misplaced comma and split infinitive."

I try to keep quiet now :)
14 years ago

Client
Lindsey said:
On the other hand, if you want to start a contest at LT, I say go for it. There are some amazingly talented designers here, and I'm sure you'll have a great experience even if your friends aren't able to participate.

I understand. Will start my contest soon.

The way I saw it was more designers - be it friends or not - the more competitive the contest and hence the higher the potential logo quality. I wouldn't let friends tell me which designer they were so my judgement wouldn't be skewed. I'm sure you can understand why a CH would want his contest to be as competitive as possible.

The incidents you raised will continue to happen even if there is a tighter approvals process. LT could amend it's T&C so it can reverse winning payments when it's found the winner is the CH or the CH uses another ranked design. It might even be able to place a provision in its T&C where it can penalise CHs for significantly exploiting the designs on the site.

Another idea to help with the problems you raised is that for a fee CHs could set minimum designer experience for them to be able to compete in a contest. Eg they must have been a member of the site for x length of time or competed in x number of contests. This will benefit CHs who want quality over quantity and benefit designers who want to compete in higher quality contests rather than free for alls.
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Knocked back to mid November due to the home family things. Sorry.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
mid November 2010 i hope... :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I, too, appreciate the admission doors being locked. Feels all warm and cozy.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
peachdz9 said:
I, too, appreciate the admission doors being locked. Feels all warm and cozy.

agree peachy (hug)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Keep warm n' fuzzy n' cozy n' nuke the designers from page 21 n' down...
No golds..and haven't been logged on over 4 months...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
mkdes!gn said:
Keep warm n' fuzzy n' cozy n' nuke the designers from page 21 n' down...
No golds..and haven't been logged on over 4 months...

Amen Brother
14 years ago

Logo Designer
luminate said:

HMMMMMM
14 years ago

Logo Designer
WHY NOT CHARGE THE NEW DESIGNERS A FEE TO JOIN SAY $25 THAT WILL KEEP I LOT OF BAD DESIGNERS FOR JOINING.
14 years ago

1 2 1 2
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231