Forum

Judging Mode Reminders are up!

Logo Designer
they are amazing! :,)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I do not know what judging reminders are... Please explain!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
On the contest page you'll find something like this:

This contest is currently in judging mode.
The contest ended 1 day ago.
The contest holder has 6 days to select a winner
The contest holder has received 0 reminder emails to a select a winner

or this

The contest holder has received a final notice about selecting a winner, and a
LogoTournament administrator could select a winner at any time.

The contest holder has received 0 reminder emails to a select a winner.

I don't think that last part is working (0 reminder e-mails)

Nice new feature!
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
Ha, cool! Going to check it now
14 years ago

Logo Designer
good idea...I will take a look. You make me curious :-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I realy like it... I hope this it will make the CH to take a faster decision.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
by the way I noticed something...we can not edit anymore our posts here on forum?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks jeff. Florian, I still have an edit button available!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
pretty sweet reminders... at least we can all keep tabs of how long we're hanging, if at all... excellent work tyler!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
and i still have the edit button as well...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i am Sans edit button
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Nevermind ;)
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
There are still some polishing to do and some kinks to work out. Once we have this finished off it should help inform designers of the status, and hopefully motivate the CHs a little more.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
great addition tyler! thanks.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Lovin' the new reminder status feature! Whooo hoo. :) Thanks!
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
One question: i remember prior to the changes that a CH would get a daily email reminder by LT that the contest is over and they need to make a decision. Now with the new - and great - reminders on the contest page i noticed that in all cases it says

"The contest holder has received 0 reminder emails to a select a winner"

Why is that? is it because once the 7 days are over the administration automatically ends the contest themselves or are the reminders send out once the 7 days are up? That wouldn't really be much of use if the deadline is kept to 7 days though right?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
egg i would assume the daily reminder emails are still going out but haven't yet been hooked up to this new feature:

Tyler said:
There are still some polishing to do and some kinks to work out. Once we have this finished off it should help inform designers of the status, and hopefully motivate the CHs a little more.
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Hi Egg -- the CHs are still receiving the reminders as before, however there is a glitch and it's not being reported properly on the contest page. So even if it says 0, that's not the truth.

egg.design said:
One question: i remember prior to the changes that a CH would get a daily email reminder by LT that the contest is over and they need to make a decision. Now with the new - and great - reminders on the contest page i noticed that in all cases it says

"The contest holder has received 0 reminder emails to a select a winner"

Why is that? is it because once the 7 days are over the administration automatically ends the contest themselves or are the reminders send out once the 7 days are up? That wouldn't really be much of use if the deadline is kept to 7 days though right?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
great new feature!
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
Tyler said:
Hi Egg -- the CHs are still receiving the reminders as before, however there is a glitch and it's not being reported properly on the contest page. So even if it says 0, that's not the truth.

Hi Tyler, thanks for the reply :-)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231