Forum

Wacom's New Intuos 4??

Logo Designer
Anybody bought one, used one yet?? I'm in the market for a new tablet and just found they have realised a new fancier model.
the video ad looks like they have really added new features that look more appealing than forking out nearly the same price for the intuos3. My problem is my usb connect might be too slow (not powered enough) on my mac???? needing some inputif anyone has had their hands on them yet?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I've not run into any issue using a wacom....right now I have jsut upgraded from a Cintiq 12 to Cintiq 21....I cannot say enough about this table, not only can I draw right on screen the contiq also can be used as regualr table as well so switchin gfrom the Cintiq dislay to using the cursor on your monitor is seemless...

if power is a concern it maybe a simple as upgrading your MAC power supply to a higher watts to handle the additional devices. so if you only have 450 watt power supply it is most likely your issue..the min standard should be 550 but 650 and you'll have no issues...
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I didn't know you could do that with a power supply. although now all I'm doing is looking at wacoms page and telling myself how much I need a Cintiq thats the technology I have always dreamed of and still I have not got one:(((
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I use an Intuos 3 and have never had any problems with power. As long as you are up to USB 2.0 and are connecting straight into the motherboard (not using an external, unpowered USB hub), there shouldn't be any problems. I used it on a very old, frail Windows 2K box for a while without issue.

Jason
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Same here, I have never had any problems at all with my Intuos 3, and I have had it for almost 3 years now!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Intuos 3 here. Need to upgrade soon!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
i only have logitech scroll mouse to create all my illustration.:D.Poor me.:(
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Intuos 3 here too. the ONLY reason I'd personally update to i4 is the improved pressure sensitivity. definitely go with the i4 if you are buying one for the first time.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231