Forum

Q to Designers: why are points and prizes important to you?

Client
Not to be too blunt ... but I presume that most designers on here are working for the cash. The rankings and points seem to be a nice idea, but I am surprised to see on the forum how important you guys seem to view the ranking system. What is the importance to you? As a CH I am looking at the designs ... if it is good I like it, if not I don't, it does not matter how many points / golds / silvers / bronzes the designer has ... how does it work in your favour?

Seriously interested
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Eggpharm......:)
rankings and points are important, as there is only one winner. It is all the rest receive, not the prize. While you may not look at rankings/points I know that many CH want the 'top designers' in their contest. :)
15 years ago

Client
Thank you Tini ... I do want top designers ... because I want top designs ... but I can't invite the top designers, they have to enter my comp ... it is there decision right?... so the points can only be important to me when I am judging .. right? or am I missing something about how the site works?

I am happily ranking my competition right now and I would like to know how best to get good designers on my comp? but at the end of the day it has to be the quality of the actual design that wins.

Best
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
EggPharm-

You can definitely invite the designers you want by clicking "Designers" on the top toolbar. This is where the points matter for us. You can view the rankings based on medals/ribbons won and actually invite them via PM to your contest.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
But don't just stick to points as a means of deciding on the best design! Most of the top ranked designers have been here since the early days -- some of us only recently discovered the site. But that doesn't mean we don't do good work!

I think Tini put it best, EggPharm. If we don't win the money, it's nice to at least get some points. High rank doesn't earn designers anything on its own (yet), but it gives us the illusion of an award for our time and efforts. And you're getting a professional quality logo for a pittance! I guess I'm saying that I think it shouldn't matter whether or not you understand why it's important to us, just take our word for it, and please think about that when you're ranking.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
It's a nice way of receiving a pat on th back that wouldn't otherwise be received. (or given)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Exactly, for all us newcomers its a nice thing to have
15 years ago

Logo Designer
It's like your boss telling you that you did a good job....you get paid the same, but the pat on the back is nice.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
But don't just stick to points as a means of deciding on the best design! Most of the top ranked designers have been here since the early days -- some of us only recently discovered the site. But that doesn't mean we don't do good work!

Agree...:)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yes also look at the type of design you want some designers are good at simple logos and others enjoy a more illustrative approach. Some go with the philosophy less is more and others go with more is more neither is incorrect only you as the CH can make that judgement call as to what’s best for your business and or product.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231