What We Do
We offer an online course where fishing guides learn about sustainable practices - they receive a certificate and listing in an online database after they complete the course.
Top Three Things to Communicate
#1 - Fishing
#2 - Environmentally friendly
#3 - Water/Ocean
Our Target Audience:
Fishing guides and their clients - these are typically conservative males but we hope to appeal to anyone interested in fishing. The logo will be used to market guides who use sustainable practices - similar to the "green lodging" industry. Fishing guides work from their boat and this logo needs to look good as a decal that can be applied to a boat - usually a white background. It also would be excellent if the logo could be recognizable from a fair distance away and be very eye catching. The logo will have to compete with other fishing industry logos that are likely to be displayed alongside it.
Blues, teals, turquoises - colors that convey water, coast, fishing but also are masculine. Perhaps also an accent color that contrasts (but see below).
*We do NOT want the logo to be orange and blue (the colors of our parent organization) because that might turn off some potential clients.
Our Ideas and Additional Information:
- Have a fishing pole as one of the letters and the fishing line swinging above the words and maybe even forming another of the letters
- Have a fish or part of a fish (e.g., tail) in the logo
- logo should be bold and stand out visually
- It will be used as a "badge" to show that guides are certified so something that could function as a badge or at the center of a badge would be a plus
- We are attaching logos of our parent organizations so you can perhaps match the hues of blue (but this is not necessary - just an idea)