Nearly 800,000 people die by suicide in the world each year, which is roughly one death every 40 seconds. Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in the world for those aged 15-24 years. Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
Suicide prevention is a collection of efforts to reduce the risk of suicide. These efforts may occur at the individual, relationship, community, and society level. Suicide is often preventable.
“Suicide is a layered, complex issue. It’s not simple, and we all need to work together.”
Ideas to communicate in the design:
- There is always Hope
- Never Give Up
- You’re not alone
- Reaching out to ask for help
- Reaching out to provide help
- We all need to work together
- Awareness Ribbon
- Any graphic element(s) or visual that may help in communicating the message(s) above
- If possible/useful, try to incorporate the (Semi Colon) ;
The semicolon; A symbol for suicide prevention. ... The semicolon is a metaphor for suicide prevention. Instead of ending a sentence, a writer can use a semicolon to continue on, and so too can an individual choose not to end his or her life, but continue on living.