Forum

Logo applications and sharpness, or clarity

Client
Just curious at to the limitations, if any, on which applications are best suited for these logos.

In addition to business cards, website and printed material, I am planning on having a trade show display made, using the logo(this is what I'm referencing: http://www.displaystar.com/Popup_Trade_show_Displays_s/18.htm). These are the floor-standing, 10' models and the 6' table top models that are covered with some type of fabric. I'd also like to have my logo printed onto a table skirt.

Will these logos look good once they are enlarged for this application? Is there anything I need to know about any type of design, or use of space or font, or images, that will impact how the logo should be designed?

Thank You,
Paris
13 years ago

Logo Designer
These are vector based logos, they are defined by math as opposed to dots in a grid like what your digital camera produces.

What that means is they will scale to ANY size and look just as crisp and sharp as business card size. The only limitations are your printer.
13 years ago

Client
Thank you Erik.

~Paris
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Paris, you are right to wonder about scale: while Erik is correct about vector vs bitmap, vectors notwithstanding, you may still need to make adjustments. Typical viewing distance, for example, can have a significant impact on ease of legibility. This remains predictable for most hand-held print applications (a business card, for example, is generally viewed within arm's length) but much larger instances of your logo may require some adjustment of letter spacing, line weight, white space, etc. Full size mock-ups are highly recommended prior to committing to the expense of final display materials and/or signage. The upshot of this in terms of your contest is that, as a general rule, simple is better. Specialized effects can be made task specific - after you've settled on the fundamentals of form and communicative function. And simple is relatively easy to adjust for specific application.

Good luck with your contest:)
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231