Forum

Moving or ranking "slightly" tweaked designs

Client
Hi Again,

Just curious, as the number of entries builds and many designs are just slight variations of previous ones, in an effort to reduce clutter, is it permissible to move those previous designs into the not interested box? I know that moderator Nancy Carter has said this: "~~ Designers are not offended by "Not Interested"
~~ Over-use of "Not Interested" discourages participation." What constitutes over-use?

I certainly don't want to offend the designers or discourage other from participating.

Thanks,
Paris
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I prefer to have my entries be placed in NI, if they are not what you need.
It helps me focus on what you do need. Cluttered contests will discourage the better designers.
13 years ago

Client
What I found with my contest is to declutter the contest I moved designs to not interested if they were a similar but older version (or a newer version I didn't like as much). As long as you are working with the designers, giving them feedback, and keeping some of their logos in your top 10 they will keep working with you.

What I did not know is that you can sort just by unranked files, which helps you see the new ones. You can also sort by date submitted.

Good luck. There are a ton of great designers here. The ones that were really awesome and worked hard on my contest were Trinova, Anna Art & Design, JMC, Green and Vidi. I would recommend any one of them, especially Trinova. Just make sure you give as much feedback as you can.

Valesa
13 years ago

PDG
Client
My first contest I followed Valesa's concept posted on 8/14. I thought I was to move to "not interested" anything that had been superseded by better ideas within the same look, older versions similar but not better, etc.

Then I read a post where it said designers were awarded points for more than just the top 10.

In my second contest, especially if there was someone giving me good effort, I tended to keep more of their designs in ranked. PLUS...for this contest I had a client of my own to show ideas. If someone submitted me 10 variations of the same logo all at once (somewhat overkill) then I selected my first 1-2 preferences to show client initially, but didn't want to move the rest to "not interested", in fear the designs would "withdraw" ideas.

I knew in the end I needed the feedback from my client. They may very well select a logo that wasn't my most favorite. When I compiled a MASTER list to judge from, I would include the logo they initially selected, but then go pull "additional" variations that were already provided by the designers. Figuring if they liked that one enough to make the cut, I will show them just a few variations they may like better. I had some desginers still withdraw the other ideas (even though I made multiple posts saying what I was doing) and the result was they only get one shot with the client now.

As a CH, I almost feel the need for a "holding pen" of areas. It's not in the "not interested" column yet, but it's being saved for potential ranking. I really struggled with CLUTTER this time.

Next contest I have in just a couple months, for another client, I'm going to have to figure out a happy medium.

LT also needs a "whiteboard" concept for us contest holders that are agencies, design firms, etc. that are working with clients and choose to use LT vs. our local designer. BUT...we don't want LT all over the place, prize money awarded, etc. etc. We want it private. I can't tell you how many hours I had in copy, paste, grab, resize image, type entry #s, etc. etc. Man!!!
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I have put these suggestions in our CH suggestion box - quite a few good points.
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231