Forum

What if you stop hearing from a designer?

Client
Hi Everyone,

Let me preface by saying the work you all do is outstanding and I've already recommended Logo Tournament to some of my fellow business owners, both within and outside of my industry. I had no idea that this process would be so time consuming, but it is pparent that it will be worth it.

My question is this: if you stop hearing from a designer to whom you've given input and asked for revisions, but their concept is unique to all others you've received so far, can you ask the remaining participating designers to use that concept?

Thanks,
Paris
13 years ago

Logo Designer
basically we can't use other designer concept, although the concept is abandoned or are in the "Not Interested" area, but it can be done if we get permission from concept designer or through the admin if the designers are in banned state, and we can free to use the concept after the official explanation from the admin.
13 years ago

Client
Trinova, how do you go about getting permission? Is this something I need to facilitate?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
From my knowledge of the basic code of designer ethics, you may not ask other designers to use a unique concept proposed by another designer. Of course there are exceptions, when a concept is too obvious or when you, the client, actually suggested the concept to the designer yourself.

I wonder why a designer has refused to develop a concept you obviously like. Did you put them into the "not interested" pile? My suggestion would be, if you haven't already done it, to score the designer as #1. That would be a great motivator for anyone! :)

Hope that helps!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
djparis said:
Trinova, how do you go about getting permission? Is this something I need to facilitate?

you can contact admin https://logotournament.com/help/contactus
they will come with official words.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Paris,

I wonder how long the designer has been unresponsive. A few hours or a few days? Many of us have jobs and family responsibilities, so we can't be designing 24/7. There's also the occasional creative block, and we might need to step away from our designs for a day to refresh so we can come back the next day and nail it. Just some food for thought.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
It just occurred to me that the designer in question may have had his account disabled for violating the designer code of conduct one too many times. That may be the reason he hasn't been responsive -- he can't login anymore. I noticed such a design in your contest, and his designs have been removed due to his account status.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
If you are referring to acongkecil, He has had his account disabled. This is done to protect you from the possibility of copyright infringement. He is known to copy logos or use protected clipart and resubmit them as if they are his own. Weather this was the case in your contest is unclear, but he had to be removed from the community for all of our protection.

That is the great thing about our community. You will own the copyright when all is said and done. You will not need to worry about legal issues. I would say his ideas and concepts are fair game, if they are original, due to his rights being revoked. I seriously doubt however that his were original. They seldom were.

Best of luck. You will have no problem having your needs met by the overwhelming majority of honest designers that work here.
13 years ago

Client
Thank you all for your quick replies.

Tilly, I already sense that my needs will be met and then some by the designers here. Keep up the great work, all!

Sincerely,
Paris
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231