Forum

Withdrawn Logos

Client
I'm curious why so many logos are withdrawn from competitions. I've noticed when I look at other contests that sometimes designs in the top 10 are withdrawn, which is tough when I'm looking for designers that I like.

I recently had a number of logos withdrawn from my contest by a couple of designers. Some were not yet ranked, and some were ones I had put into the I prefer others category just to clear up my working space. I was planning to put some of those back in at the end so that the designers would be able to get the points for the designs they worked so hard on.

Thanks!
Valesa
13 years ago

Logo Designer
hi valesa!

Designers withdraw for several reasons. The most common are

1- so they can enter the design into another contest

2 - to declutter their portfolio pages

3 - to keep other designers from 'borrowing' their concepts for other contests

I hope this helps!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
While a contest is still active, designers also withdraw if:

1- they feel through feedback (or lack of) that there is no interest in their design. Many designers hang in there to the end, leaving work up, just in case. Others are impatient and simply move on.

2- if they have submitted work too similiar to another designers previously submitted work

It looks like you're being a great contest holder, giving lots of feedback -- and it's generous of you to be thinking ahead to acknowledging non-winning designs with ribbons. I think a lot of us wish all contests were run with as much participation and consideration as yours!
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231