Forum

Website design competitions?

Client
I find it highly unlikely that LOGOTOURNAMENT does website design competitions (judging from the name) but does anyone know of such a thing elsewhere?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hello,

Other sites do have those competitions - but I will refrain from naming them as they are LT's competition :) - hopefully you will understand.

You could also see if any of the designers here are web designers that could help you. I am one, and I know that web design through a crowdsourcing type of site, can be difficult sometimes due to a different knowledge base that web designers have in regards to the actual building of the site once design is completed vs handing you a design file that you then need to find someone to implement, and that file may not be able to be implemented as it is designed easily or cheaply by a developer.

Please visit my profile page here and visit my website then PM me if you would be interested in getting a quote for your site. No pressure of course :) - I am sure others will follow suit with their information as well for you to consider.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I do know of some websites that run webdesign competitions, but indeed, I'm afraid I can't state them here.

I can highly recommend hiring Mgal for the job though. Lindsey is a talented web developer too.

Good luck finding someone for the job.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I am also a web designer, see my profile. I would be pleased to work with you. I have won multiple awards on About.com for my website designs over the last two years in their Readers' Choice Awards.

Best of luck!
Sincerely,
Lacey
13 years ago

Client
Thank you both! I understand not wanting to recommend any here. At least I know they exist! This question is for a friend who is interested so I will pass it along...
Robbert said:
I do know of some websites that run webdesign competitions, but indeed, I'm afraid I can't state them here.

I can highly recommend hiring Mgal for the job though. Lindsey is a talented web developer too.

Good luck finding someone for the job.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Shanakin,

Please make sure to tell your friend that they will spend a lot more money in the long run on a website if they have it designed through a contest. The technical specifications for logo design are quite simple compared to those for web design. Also, consider that a logo is fairly static -- it may have new life breathed into it from time to time, but the whole point of a logo is for it to remain pretty much the same across its lifetime. Websites are never finished, they are constantly changing (hopefully in response to user feedback), and your friend is well-served by creating a lasting relationship with a skilled and trustworthy web designer/developer over a hit-and-run website design contest -- especially if your friend is building a web-based business. Just my two cents.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
So true, Lindsey.

RedLaceDesign said:
I have won multiple awards on About.com for my website designs over the last two years in their Readers' Choice Awards.

Nice! :-)
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231