Forum

Help! My work won't upload!

Logo Designer
I've tried to upload my logo design and the saved work is 100% match the description. I saved it as .eps from Adobe illustrator CS3 on iMac. It won't work and kept saying "please double check it's 350 pixels x 280 pixels" So I tried .PNG and .JEPG, nothing happening. Please help and I wanna submits one of my design before the deadline. Cheers Nathan
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Your jpeg or png must be exactly 350 wide x 280 px high. Might pay to check - go to your file in the finder and get info - check the pixel dimensions. Maybe something is not set up precisely in illustrator. Or if you have Photoshop open the jpeg and check the dimensions.

You can't upload eps.

Cheers Mike
15 years ago

Logo Designer
try using the "save for web&devices" in the file menu (illustrator or photoshop) this allows you to define exact dimensions

good luck
15 years ago

Logo Designer
eps files are only for the final upload if you win the competition.
i reccomend you keep a file thats 350x280 pixels with a white square thats also 350x280 pixels and lock it in place, save it as "LT template".
if there is any blank space around the design illustrator automatically crops it when you export as png and the white square prevents this.
i also reccomend you use pgn instead of jpeg (i had some colour troubles with jpegs and seems to be fine with png)

hope this helps.
bugy.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I also had this problem initially. I would export to the correct dimensions, so I thought, but when I checked the size dimensions of the file, it said something like 350x279 pixels. So to fix, I changed the dpi from 72 to 73 and it works fine now.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
thanks alot... it certainly helps! Cheers you all!

Nathan
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I set my artboard at 350 by 280 - export - to jpeg - tick of "Use Artboard" and it'll only save a JPG the size of the artboard. When you get the JPEG options, I set it at best quality and make sure you select "Screen" - preset will change to 72 ppi... Do it once and you're set! :)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231