Forum

CH needs help with how to rank entries and some thought

Client
I'm holding my first contest and have a couple questions about how to rank entries

When a designer submits a variation of the same design that I like better, even though the original was good should I drag it to the not interested section if I know I like the second entry better? It gets difficult to rank entries once you start getting into variations of the same design.

If I have two slightly different designs that I like from the same designer should I rank this above a different design for another designer. Right now I'm ranking by my top 6 uniquely different designs and all the revisions of the same idea fall below that.

One note. Designers shouldn't be so worried about rank when it is early on in a contest as really there is no way to know where an idea will go and what design will come out on top. For me anyway, any design in the top 6 has an equal chance of winning. If I rank a new design as #1, it's because I'm inspired by the idea and want to let the designer know this as well. On top of all that, I too am constantly getting new ideas and changing my mind on designs back and forth.

Lastly, I'm really appreciative of all the designers taking the time to enter my contest. I wish there were a way that more than one designer was getting paid in the end for all their efforts.

Cary
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I like to see contest holders rank the designs on each designer and not on each design they do. then you can have the first designer whom may have various designs that you like tweek his/her designs using the message board for that designer by clicking on their design and posting a comment. This is much easier for designers to get their comments that are meant specifically for them and not a general design issue with your logo itself for everyone to see.

Also once the designer tweeks the design to make it what you are looking for you can mark the entries not interested, This way you can find the new entries easier.

Hope this helped
Kerri
15 years ago

Logo Designer
And please rank the designs not the designers. Everybody needs to make their first step (esp. newbie). Fair contest!
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231