Forum

PICKING A WINNER

Logo Designer
Just wondering about some of these contests. There seem to be a lot of them that end with no winners? There has been ranking through the competition then time runs out and there never seems to be an OFFICIAL winner picked. Does the contest holder have any set timeframe to pick and winner after the competition ends?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes, we liked to know who is a winner of a contest ?? and which contest did he win ?
Just wondering about who was ever did won a contest ??? is the prize for real ? or what?
please..stake holder of the LT, just let me know...
15 years ago

Logo Designer
@kandsgraphics - there are a lot of contests in limbo, but tyler's working on it. there were other priorities with logocourt and whatnot (browse some of the other threads and you'll see TONS of discussion on various contests)

@enriko_manurung - i assure you the prizes are real. ha. for every contest that ends smoothly, there is probably one that has bumps in the road, but they all end eventually and the prize money does go out.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I wonder if these contests are for real :/ I believe many CH rank the designers, not the designs. Hei... everybody needs to make their first step ! (esp. newbie). Fair contest, please!
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
We are actively working on contests that are overdue. Approximately 4% of contests are going past the two week final judging period.

The first thing we are doing is:
a) Manual follow ups with all overdue CHs. We are starting to do this on a regular schedule, and I will admit we did not do this enough before.

b) Programming a system that will remind a client basically once every day to select a winner. The emails change as the deadlines get closer.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
If the client doesn't select their own winner...will we still be required to upload the final files to them....or do they forfit the files and we retain copyright?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
in the past, the designer has retained the rights if the contest is decided in a community vote. not sure, though, what will happen once the aforementioned changes are in effect...

@speed - where i used to work, we did a lot of custom glasswork and we called 'em "dumpster calls"... we'd call a customer and basically tell them to come get their stuff by ____ or it goes in the dumpster... kind of like what the CHs who disappear are doing with their money...
15 years ago

Pax
Logo Designer
Hi, K and S!
Below is something I've posted on contest comments pages before when things seem to be dragging along.
Please feel free to use it. In fact, anyone who wants to can use it. It's pleasant;y presented but makes it point.
Hope it helps someone along the way :-)
Peace,
Geoff

The post I use:

A gentle reminder for Contest holders...

Q: How long do I have to select a winner?
A: We require you to select a winner within 7 days of the contest ending. Most clients have a very good idea of who the winner is before the contest ends, so in most cases the selection deadline is trivial. We allow a 7 day extension of the contest if you need more time or additional entries from the design community. If a winner has not been selected within two weeks of the contest ending, we will do a final follow up by email. If there is no response, a LogoTournament administrator will be responsible for selecting a winner based on community feedback and distributing the prize. Although this happens in very rare cases, we do have a procedure in place to maintain a high level of designer confidence and participation in our contests. Thank you for understanding this policy.
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Apparently our programmer already released this feature today, as I have already received some CH replies.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231