Forum

Help! My winning logo is not printing properly!

Client
I downloaded the winning EPS and jpeg files sent to me from the winning designer via logotournament. I do not have the ability to open EPS, but the jpeg files print out with one color very fuzzy. A friend converted the EPS to gif/tif which resolved the fuzzy issue, but now the colors are too dull. My friend says she needs to know what was used to create the colors, ie. CMYK, RGB or pentone, etc. Since I am not experienced/knowledeable about graphic design and all this terminology, I am not sure what to do now! I have tried to contact the winning designer, but no response (of course, they've already been paid). This is getting way too difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
zie hasnt logged in in over a day. When did you send the PM?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
are you sure its not fthe printer fault?
14 years ago

Client
Pantone, CMYK and RGB are different color systems. Colors printed on you average paper for letterhead etc will be more dull. For consistency Pantone is the best mark to use as it optimizes the color for both RGB and CMYK.

As far as the colors if you are seeking Pantone for the green and blue, I'd recommend 361 and 287.
14 years ago

Client
I sent zie an email on 3/9 and then twice again yesterday. I don't think it's my printer because the jpegs print the colors perfectly, but fuzzy and the tif/gif prints colors crisp, but too dull. Also one of my partners is having the same problem when he prints from a different printer. Thank you SO MUCH for your thoughts/help!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
well rgb is only for computer

what type of printer you are using? some tableprinters dont have good color support

have you tried to make that eps to pdf and then print?
14 years ago

Client
But if the jpegs print with the accurate colors (albeit fuzzy), then doesn't this mean my printer has the ability to support the right colors? And yes, my friend converted the eps to jpeg and the colors were still dull. The only accurate colors have been directly from the jpegs provided by zie (but fuzzy).
14 years ago

Client
It is likely a color mode problem. When I open the EPS in RGB mode for Corel it is the same color as the image, but in Ai it retains the dullness. The RGB vs CMYK will be different visually regardless.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
yes RGB and CMYK can be little different on is based 3 colors and one is based 4 colors
14 years ago

Client
I don't understand this designer lingo. Is my logo problem something that only zie can correct? Was I supposed to have some kind of software before I started the contest on logotournament? If not, why am I having this problem? And who is the person speaking at 9:54a and again at 10:11a...it is not me, but on my computer, it looks like I am the author?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
You shouldn't worry the color scheme issue is not fatal and if the source files are the problem I'm sure that @Zie will fix them. You don't need a special software the JPEG files you can open on almost every computer and the source EPS files are for printing houses and etc..they are the source files that contain the whole information of your logo without any compression.
So in case you need your logo printed for billboard ...you send the EPS files, if you need to print it in very small resolutions or use it on a website in most cases the JPEG is sufficient.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
kapatow said:
I don't understand this designer lingo. Is my logo problem something that only zie can correct? Was I supposed to have some kind of software before I started the contest on logotournament? If not, why am I having this problem? And who is the person speaking at 9:54a and again at 10:11a...it is not me, but on my computer, it looks like I am the author?

I see what you mean about it looking like you're the author -- that confused me too. I'll report it as a bug.

As for the colors, it's clear that the original EPS needs to be altered. You'll probably want to choose pantone colors from a PMS book, and you'll need someone with Adobe Illustrator (likely) to do it. It doesn't have to be Zie, but if you could reach him, I think that's the right thing for him to do.
14 years ago

Client
Thank you Ivan!

But... the jpeg files never had a color issue...just a fuzzy issue. It was when a friend converted the eps to tif/gif and pdf, I got color issues. Will zie be able to correct this as well? And how do I get hold of him? This has been going on for awhile and we have a presentation for which the logo is needed, asap.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
As far as I understand it seems that the problem comes from the conversion of the files, which you need in tif/gif and pdf? I now see that Zie hasn't logged for more than a day.
Given the current circumstances if you want you can send me a PM, I'll give you my e-mail and you'll send me the EPS files to see if can fix that issue for you.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
printing from home will always leave some kind of issue. Professional printers invest thousands of dollars into their machines while we invest a few hundred. You won't get professional quality on a home printer.
Perhaps saving as CMYK mode JPEG will help.
14 years ago

zie
Logo Designer
Dear All,

Apologize for my late response. I just open it.
Noted, I just response & communicate privately with Karen & will take this responsibility.

Thank you for you all,
::zie::
14 years ago

Client
I just want to thank Ivan and all the designers trying to help me in this forum. You are all truly professional and dedicated to your craft. Also, I want to thank Zie. Once he saw my difficulties, he worked diligently to resolve the problem and fully answer all my questions. And in the end...we have a gorgeous logo. Thanks Zie and all of you here.
Best,
Karen
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
kapatow said:

My apologies, I had to remote control you account to check any issues with the download on your end. Sorry for the confusion - I forgot to sign out of your account.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231