Forum

My First Logo Tournament =)

Client
Hey their everyone wanted to say this community is amazing! I was curious if their are any other sites out their that do a tournament of this nature but not just for logos? but also for print or web design content?

Also if any designers get a chance please check out my tournament for Corkizon started 2 days ago. Haven't had any activity yet and excited to see the designs and talent you guys can bring to help me make a great logo for Corkizon =)

Thanks!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Welcome Corkizon!

To answer your question, there are other contest (crowdsourcing) sites that do more than logos, but I won't link to any of them here -- they are the competition!

However, as a professional web and print designer, I will tell you that I would never want to enter a contest for web design or print projects (which is why I am here and not at those other sites). And I would recommend to you as a business owner that you would not want to buy those products that way. You're better off looking for a freelancer to help with those projects, and many designers here do design work beyond logos.

Specifically with regard to web design, I would say that you're better off with a freelancer because you'll have that designers undivided attention to your project, and there are so many considerations in web design that make it a far more complex endeavor than logo design. Plus, a website is never finished, so establishing a relationship with a good web designer makes good business sense in the long term. You'll get a lot more value for the money, and though the initial investment may be higher than a contest, if done well, it can end up paying for itself. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Good luck with your logo!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Good luck with your contest, you will be pleased by the end results you will get of here.
14 years ago

Client
good answers both of you =) thx much for the feedback. Glad to have found logo tournament!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
You may also personally contact the designers here if would want to get their services to design your print needs. There are other sites for these but personally, I think logotournament has the most user friendly interface for designer and buyer interaction.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Lindsey wrote "...a website is never finished..." and she makes a very important. The initial templates are one thing but a functional website is something of an organic entity which must change/adapt/evolve over time. Content, technology, stylistic issues all drive this and it can be very beneficial both financially and pragmatically to have the designers who did the initial design and setup continue on with site 'maintenance' thereafter.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Sites go from beta to archive.org :)

everything's a beta
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
In my humble opinion other forms of design that are more time intensive, just don't work all that well with crowd sourcing. I recommend that customers hire individual designers to get a better bang for their buck.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Many of us here are full service graphic designers.

My suggestion: Hire the winner of your contest to do further work or recommend someone they trust. I do additional work for many of my clients here at LT, from business cards/layout/Letterhead/web design etc...
Two of my "wins" here have turned out to have some semi-permanent work.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Many of us here are full service graphic designers.

My suggestion: Hire the winner of your contest to do further work or recommend someone they trust. I do additional work for many of my clients here at LT, from business cards/layout/Letterhead/web design etc...
Two of my "wins" here have turned out to have some semi-permanent work.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231