Forum

question about alternative versions

im getting some great ideas from designers and sometimtes they give me a version with color and BW and with white background and black background but its all the same design.

whats the proper way to rank them?
can i get all those versions if they win? i may want a version with white BG and a version with black BG, etc
rightnow i put all 4 versions rankd 1-4 but they are the same design with slight modifications, is that fair to the next designer in line?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Most designers who show alternate treatments of the same design (b/w, reverse, etc.) do so in order to show a design's versatility/utility across media. While a Logotournament contest is for a single design presented a single way, you can send a private message to a given designer (or e-mail if there is one listed on their profile page) asking what they are willing to provide after they have been chosen as your winner.

As far as ranking goes, imagine that you could have just one concept and iteration of it and rank that one highest. Typically, contest holders then work their way through other concepts and rank them next followed therafter by iterations of perviously ranked concepts.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
It's very nice when a Contest Holder thinks about issues of fairness in ranking like this. There's no rule about it, but it is nice when you rank in the way RetroMetro_Steve has suggested.
I agree that most designers will work with you as far as different versions of the same design and different file formats are concerned, but as far as what a Logotournament designer is required to provide when asked, this is from the FAQ in the Help section:
"Will the winning Designer provide revisions and different versions?
"We recommend requesting all revisions while your contest is running or during the judging mode. Once a winner has been selected the winning Designer will provide an EPS vector file and multiple sizes of JPG through our automated file system. Upon Client request the Designer is required to provide the following logo variations: White Background, Colored Background, Black & White, and Solid Colors. Additional formats can include AI and PNG."
14 years ago

thanks makes sense now
14 years ago

Logo Designer
if color version logo has less points than black and white version (still the same logo) then what it tells us?

maybe that logo is not good enough, because there must be ballance between color and bw version. so they both should have same ratings. because isnt it the one of the important thing that logo sould look perfect howerever you use it?
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231