Forum

Let's talk music.

Logo Designer
Hey there,

First post on the forum (Hi!). Don't know if it was discussed before. Looked at the recent ones and didn't find anything like this thread.

So, I'd like to ask y'all what music genre appeals to you, what bands and a 'why' would also work.

I'm into metal, fair and square. Not nu-metal and not glam metal (maybe just Pantera, back in the day). Also, the occasional hard-rock works for me.

Bands like Manowar, Testament, Kreator, Iced Earth, Dionysus, Kamelot, Destruction, Amon Amarth, Guillotine and oh, so many more! are on my top-list.

There's a metal band that I really dislike, not due to their music but due to their fans (or wannabe fans). That's Iron Maiden and it's a fact that's not going to change.

I hate (really hate) "manele". It's a ""musical"" genre here in Romania, sung predominantly by gypsies for people with an IQ below 50.

So, this being said, let's here y'all out.

Cheers!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm into 90's r'n'b music, the kind that was popular in the UK, not the more rap-like style of the USA. Motown, reggae, some alternative rock-type music, and soft rock. I dont like anything too 'loud' or too forceful, it drowns too much out IMO.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Classic rock here: Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Rush, Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Nirvana (I know, not too "classic" but still kick ass), Neil Young, Skynyrd, CCR, Buffalo Springfield, Billy Squire, ELO, Aerosmith

and an occasional Violent Femmes, Pixies, White Stripes, Tenacious D, Stone Temple Pilots, Faith No More, Chili Peppers

… just to name a few. I'll basically listen to it all, as long as it doesn't suck ;-)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Heavy Alternative is what I listen to primarily. I do also like Country and Trance.

Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Papercut Massacre, Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Pantera, etc. :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
RaspyDesign said:
Heavy Alternative is what I listen to primarily. I do also like Country and Trance.

Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Papercut Massacre, Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Pantera, etc. :)

Raspy you're really HEAVY ;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
I'm into 90's r'n'b music, the kind that was popular in the UK, not the more rap-like style of the USA. Motown, reggae, some alternative rock-type music, and soft rock. I dont like anything too 'loud' or too forceful, it drowns too much out IMO.

give us some links illumina, i'm curious what's that 90's r&b
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i dont actually visit any websites. But my songlist includes Blackstreet, Mary J Blige, Whitney Houston (pre-bobby), Soul 2 Soul, Shabba Ranks, Chaka Demus & Pliers, UB40, Sade, Neneh Cherry, Savage Garden, The Fugees, Maxi Priest, Arrested Development, Seal, Tracy Chapman, Boyz 2 Men, Deborah Cox, En Vogue, Gabrielle, Janet Jackson, Simply Red, TLC
14 years ago

Logo Designer
The Fatkid said:
Classic rock here: Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Who, Rush, Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Nirvana (I know, not too "classic" but still kick ass), Neil Young, Skynyrd, CCR, Buffalo Springfield, Billy Squire, ELO, Aerosmith

and an occasional Violent Femmes, Pixies, White Stripes, Tenacious D, Stone Temple Pilots, Faith No More, Chili Peppers

… just to name a few. I'll basically listen to it all, as long as it doesn't suck ;-)

RaspyDesign said:

There is every possibility that were related LOL!!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Kevin, from your lil o' avatar I'd say your a metal head in disguise. A bandanna and a beard like that does wonders. :))

EDIT/ADDITION: LGDesign, I'd like to know your tastes in music. You kinda caught my eye when I applied for a LT membership.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Love listening to Beethoven
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Good musical tastes Ape. I'm not that vehement when it comes to Rap Music, but that's because I have a lot of pop, dance and house music to hate here in Romania. :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Daz said:
Love listening to Beethoven

I'm not really into classical music but moonlight sonata always evokes emotions in me, i love that one loads
14 years ago

Logo Designer
oh im a total meloman but i hate bad music :D

what i like can be very different, sometimes i like to listen chillout ambient, sometimes dark drum and bass

todays track nr1 is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hw-i-5jNE

oh and Silver Apples is damn good band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7v8ALN-RM

sorry if its offent someone but beatles are very overrated/hyped band, theres nothing original with them. only good track is tommorow never knows.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Basicaly anything and everything - My stations on my radio are 80's, 90's, pop, country, broadway, and bollywood.

One of my all time favorite singer is David Bowie )
14 years ago

Logo Designer
@punktiir: Please read the Geoff Emerick book about the Abbey Road sessions he recorded with the best group ever!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i like grunge bands...pearl jam, nirvana, stone temple pilots, and others...
don't really know why am i liking it (grunge), maybe it was an easy listening music
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Always Beatles 50%

Rest depending the season 50%
Rammstein, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, Robbie Williams, Coldplay Stone Temple Pilots, Def Leppard, Genesis, Prodigy, Sean Lennon, Movie Soundtracks, Kaiser Chiefs, John Legend, Jamiroquai, Chris Cornell, Foo Fighters, Brian Setzer, Vangelis, plus many other songs different artists they play at Nip Tuck TV series.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Machine Head, Slipknot, Sepultura (with Max), Soulfly, Korn, Slayer, Pantera, Lamb of God, Drowning Pool, Biohazard, Mighty Mighty Bostons, Rage Against The Machine, Faith no More, Mike Patton. System of a Down, Primus, Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Fun Lovin Criminals, Madness, Sublime, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys ...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
giggio said:
Machine Head, Slipknot, Sepultura (with Max), Soulfly, Korn, Slayer, Pantera, Lamb of God, Drowning Pool, Biohazard, Mighty Mighty Bostons, Rage Against The Machine, Faith no More, Mike Patton. System of a Down, Primus, Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Fun Lovin Criminals, Madness, Sublime, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys ...

Heh, liked your sub-note on Sepultura. Cavalera was a God and you can "hear a shadow" of his past on Cavalera Conspiracy.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
14 years ago

Client
Metal here. Everything from eighties thrash to modern melodic death metal......but I still got a soft spot for some Apocalyptica too.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Jazz, jazz rock, tango classic & nuevo, alternative ..., and a lot more
14 years ago

Logo Designer
playgrind said:
Metal here. Everything from eighties thrash to modern melodic death metal......but I still got a soft spot for some Apocalyptica too.

Yea same here, I go a little deeper into black and brutal death metal sometimes though. (decrepit birth, belphegor, cradle of filth, behemoth, old man's child, dimmu borgir)

Been jamming alot of post metal / instrumental prog recently though, irepress, callisto, pelican
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Andrei P. said:
Hey there,

First post on the forum (Hi!). Don't know if it was discussed before. Looked at the recent ones and didn't find anything like this thread.

So, I'd like to ask y'all what music genre appeals to you, what bands and a 'why' would also work.

I'm into metal, fair and square. Not nu-metal and not glam metal (maybe just Pantera, back in the day). Also, the occasional hard-rock works for me.

Bands like Manowar, Testament, Kreator, Iced Earth, Dionysus, Kamelot, Destruction, Amon Amarth, Guillotine and oh, so many more! are on my top-list.

There's a metal band that I really dislike, not due to their music but due to their fans (or wannabe fans). That's Iron Maiden and it's a fact that's not going to change.

I hate (really hate) "manele". It's a ""musical"" genre here in Romania, sung predominantly by gypsies for people with an IQ below 50.

So, this being said, let's here y'all out.

Cheers!

I see we have pretty similar music taste, not sure if you have a last.fm account but if you want to browse through some artists you can probably find some new stuff

http://www.last.fm/user/bens0n
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Most of my music listening time is when I'm at work, so I typically don't want anything distracting. Lots of Brian Eno and various soundtracks.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I've been listening New Age and Radio Paradise is a good radio station (internet broadcasting) when I am at work.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Neat topic. A lot of band I need to check out. Like others, I'm open to anything and everything, but my music pillars are The Kinks, Cat Stevens and Bob Dylan. Current faves are Beirut, Magnetic Fields, Architecture in Helsinki, Femi Kuti and Jens Lekman.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
playgrind said:

\m/

Just love to see metalheads 'round here. :D
13 years ago

Logo Designer
hey andrei you listen to dionysus... great band.. (and also my name.. lol).

i listen to Morrissey ussualy, and some post-rock music to give my silence and more peacefulness.. :D
i you guys have a lastfm account add me..
_http://www.last.fm/user/samulbusuk
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231