Forum

10th .. Wohooo

Logo Designer
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Egypt is now the 10th in the latest fifa football rankings , with only 13 points difference behind Argentina 8th ....

And above Greece 12th , Mexico 17th .....

Just won the 7th African cup , but this one was the 3rd in a row and with 20 winning matches straight without losing any in that African Cup.

Feels good.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
moved to general discussion
14 years ago

Logo Designer
RaspyDesign said:
moved to general discussion

Is it ? i opened in in designer discussion because i thought it would be a thing to share with my designer mates.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
It's not design related so I thought it appropriate to move it to general.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
RaspyDesign said:
It's not design related so I thought it appropriate to move it to general.

Oh great. It's worth sharing and celebrating the taste of it ...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
But designer discussion area is for designers discussion too, i see there some threads with topics like " Logorama " and " LT musicians " and a lot others that are general but between designers / designers just like this one.

Oh well, this gets to be seen by both Designers and Contest Holders, which is even better, not sure what point you were trying to make though.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Here is a link of the fifa's article on the latest African Cup

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/news/newsid=1165502.html#cup+nations+causes+shake
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Congrats to Egyptians and Egypt for this great internationally accomplishment in football field!!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Congrats Daz, Egypt is the strongest team on the African continent, I very, very sorry you didnt qualify for the world cup. I think you stood the best chance of keeping the cup in Africa for the first time.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Brendan said:
Congrats Daz, Egypt is the strongest team on the African continent, I very, very sorry you didnt qualify for the world cup. I think you stood the best chance of keeping the cup in Africa for the first time.

Thanks, Indeed Egypt is the strongest team on the African continent, by numbers and facts too. But reading articles from all famous sports newspaper in Europe and worldwide, everyone is saying they regret not seeing Egypt in the coming world cup and its the world cup that lost Egypt team and their great play and not the other way around.

If we had the goals rule enforced in the qualifying to world cup round, we would have not needed a final deciding match because of having the same number of points with Algeria, because we scored one goal at their land ( 3 - 1 ) and back here in Egypt we won them ( 2 - 0 ) , so that being said, we should have had a score of ( 4 - 3 ) to Egypt and qualified automatically.

So they decided to have a final deciding match , in which Algeria did not stick to ethical / fair play and had their cheering crowd go with knifes and other dangerous weapons inside the stadium and waving them, causing a wrong / non friendly environment for the match.

Beside the referee of that match was more to the Algerian side and did not count a penalty for us and wave a red card when it should.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Happy for you Daz! Much more important than your 15th gold!
(...but football's atmosphere is violent and stinky everywhere in the world in the field and outside the field...
As we say in France: "Football is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans, Rugby is hooligan's game played by gentlemen")
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Kevin Hughes Design said:
It always makes me angry when I'm watching a game and see the referees make blatantly one-sided calls

Yeah tell me about it, this one was a big disgrace in the final 3rd deciding match that were held in Sudan, although like explained above, Egypt should have qualified right away even if they drawn in points because of the outside goal that Egypt scored and going out with the match in Egypt clean with a 2 - 0 win.

But what made it even worse, those cheering crowds injured a lot of Egyptians who went to cheer their team after they already won the match, not good at all and was uncalled for, Fifa is looking into all that but will give its answer on March and most probably they will have punishments on the Algerian team, but since the whole world saw / knew about it and saw how Egypt played in this last African cup then its all good.

Egypt in this last African Cup nation defeated 4 of the 5 African teams that already qualified to the coming world cup

Egypt beaten Nigeria ( 3 - 1 ) after Nigeria ( qualified to world cup ) scoring first.

Egypt beaten Cameron ( 3 - 1 ) after Cameron ( qualified to world cup ) scoring first.

And Algeria had beaten Cotd`vior ( qualified to world cup ) ( 3 - 2 ) before meeting Egypt in the Semi final

Then in Semi final , Egypt beaten Algeria ( qualified to world cup but shouldn't ) ( 4 - 0 )

Then in final, Egypt beaten Ghana ( qualified to world cup ) ( 1 - 0 )

Won their 3rd African Cup , 3rd in a row ( 2006 - 2008 - 2010 ) and 7th in total , with having 20 straight winnings without any loss / withdraw.

That should sums it up, beside their latest rankings as the 10th strongest team with their points
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Bordo said:
Congrats to Egyptians and Egypt for this great internationally accomplishment in football field!!

satto said:
Happy for you Daz! Much more important than your 15th gold!
(...but football's atmosphere is violent and stinky everywhere in the world in the field and outside the field...
As we say in France: "Football is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans, Rugby is hooligan's game played by gentlemen")

Thanks Bordo and Satto ! appreciate it ( hugs )
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Daz said:

Oh well, this gets to be seen by both Designers and Contest Holders, which is even better, not sure what point you were trying to make though.

That WAS the point.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231