Forum

Search Engines and Contests

Client
Hey,
My contest ended and I got a tons of hits and lots of entries. I am worried though because my contest is creeping up on the search engines and I would like to keep it semi below my website. Will it always be there or is there a way to turn off the search engine tracking. I didn't have the $50 to spend to make it private and I hope it doesn't become a problem.

It would be a shame to see this thing go higher in my search for my website. Any help on this?

Chris
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Chris, my guess is that the only way to avoid this is to pay for the private contest, which you can probably still do. LT doesn't get to decide what's high on search results lists except for excluding items altogether -- and for that, they charge a fee. Otherwise, it's up to the page rank and the search terms to determine what's high on the results list. That's just my two cents, but I'm nobody! I've emailed the admins to let them know about your question, and hopefully you'll hear from them.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
make it private, it will avoid search....
just contact admins, they'll take care of:)
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Ivan has taken care of this for you.
14 years ago

Client
Cool thanks Tyler! Glad we did this. It is now second on the search engines, hopefully it will slowly work its way back down.

Great service by everyone here! I really like my logo and have gotten nice comments regarding it!

Chris
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Next google update (30 or so days I think) it will be completely removed.

Our mission is to deliver the logo you really want, so I'm glad it worked out!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
:)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231