Forum

My dog is getting surgery

Logo Designer
I just dropped my dog(picture) at hospital for amputation.
We found osteosarcoma(bone cancer) last week and hardly decided to get her leg amputated...
My heart is sore...
Please pray for her...
Thanks in advance
Don aka kooldog
14 years ago

Logo Designer
awww man. Sorry to hear that.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
im so sorry. my dog is my world, so i can empathize with what you must be going through. best of luck to your furpal :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I pray for her...
I wish her a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sorry to hear that, don. hope for her successful surgery
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Just got a call from doctor saying the surgery went well.
Just need to pray for recovery and good prognosis.
osteosarcoma is said aggressive and metastatic in nature. We didn't find it was spread to lung yet.
Just hope all cancer is removed and get used with three legs...
Thanks all for your prayer.
Don aka kooldog
14 years ago

Logo Designer
good to hear that the surgery went well... praying for her speedy recovery.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
wishing her luck goodwill and gold bless - i grew up with pets - and pets of all kinds !
14 years ago

Logo Designer
oouh that penalty, I have a dog and I love her very much, and I hope something like this never happens. I hope your dog recovers well. Les mando un saludo grande and good vibes.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
aww, kooldog, I'm sorry, I know this is hard, I will pray for your pup:-(
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I hope everything works out.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
My dog had cancer 5 years ago, he past surgery in one leg, and he is still with us very happy with his 15 years old. So be sure that if surgery has gone well she will be great very soon!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
From Italy i will pray for ... un grosso inboccaallupo.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Carrion said:
My dog had cancer 5 years ago, he past surgery in one leg, and he is still with us very happy with his 15 years old. So be sure that if surgery has gone well she will be great very soon!

Thanks Carrion, I just hope it goes well with my dog too :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hey Kooldog. I am a vet tech in my other life. I've done a lot of osteosarcoma amputation surgeries. I am always surprised how well dogs can adjust to having an amputation. Are you doing the chemo too? It is a terrible disease and the treatment is long and difficult, I hope everything goes well for you.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
ShyLion said:
Hey Kooldog. I am a vet tech in my other life. I've done a lot of osteosarcoma amputation surgeries. I am always surprised how well dogs can adjust to having an amputation. Are you doing the chemo too? It is a terrible disease and the treatment is long and difficult, I hope everything goes well for you.

Are you suggesting chemo? My vet told me the quality of life could be horrible too with chemo.
My St. Bernard got ampution today and metastasis was not found in her lung. What vet told me was there could be 25% chance of micrometastasis which is hard to be detected.
I am confused if I have to give her chemo or not. Please share your thoughts.
Thanks
Don
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hey kooldog, it's very hard to say without seeing the x-rays, and it's a very personal choice. The chemo is very difficult for your pet to endure. I've seen a lot of pets have reactions to chemo and it's hard to administer and makes them feel terrible. I've also seen pets have chemo and still have the cancer spread. If there are no signs of spreading, monitoring the blood and lungs is a good way to proceed. I wish I could give you straight-forward instructions about would work best but there is just no way to know for sure. Talk to your vet and do whatever you are both comfortable with as there is no "right" answer. If you want a second opinion, ask for one. If you are contemplating doing the chemotherapy and you have more questions then definitely ask your vet. It's much more effective the earlier you do it. There are also specialized diets for animals fighting cancer like Prescription diet n/d- if your vet hasn't talked to you about these diets, ask. I hope everything works out well
14 years ago

Logo Designer
@ShyLion,
Thank you so much. I will ask my vet tomorrow morning.
Best Regards
Don
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi kooldog i will pray for your dog too!!!
Fer
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Sending love for your sore heart...and prayers for your doggie. (hug)
Kim
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Oh Kooldog friend :( I am with you bro, I am very sensitive with dog things so I wish you the best, and that sister you have to be better, they are just part of the family. I will pray for her... They are incredible friends better than humans and is a shame when they are not feeling good... I understand you man... You will see how everything is going better step by step.

Let us now the news
Best regards KD
and i wish you the best!

Sebastian
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hoping for a speedy recovery. Nothing less.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
good to hear DON that surgery went well..i wish her a speedy recovery
God bless

Dennis
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231