Forum

TYLER Fix This Designers hoging all the top award positons

Logo Designer
I am getting very tired of seeing 1 designer taking up more than 1 of the top 4 spots. We put a lot of time into this so why should 1 designers hog the awards...it not fair to any of the other designers especially to new ones.

Tyler you need to fix this and invoke a system by which the CH has no choice but to rank different designers to the top 4 spots...why this is not been done from the every start I have no idea.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
lol Orion.
I just opened a similar thread here.....
https://logotournament.com/forum/designer_discussion/671
15 years ago

Client
Hi, I'm a multiple CH. I recognize that the awards (recognition) are worth more than my paltry money in this great community and from this great service. Acknowledging that fact has allowed me to leverage those affirmations into action (more logos) which translates into giving individual designers only one spot in the top 10 (unless the respective designs are notably different). Designers hustle to fight up into the top 10 or 5 places and stacking those slots with just a few artists not only limits those in the fray but ultimately hurts those of us who benefit from their work! I take my top entry from each designer and rank them accordingly leaving multiple submissions cooking in the middle. Seems to keep them happy and happy designers make better logos and happier CHs. This is so much fun.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I agree, but if the same designer has different concepts... then I think it should be allowed. If there are 30 color changes to the same logo.... that's just dumb.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
There is no need for a designers to take more than one spot in the top 4 positions..irregardless of how many different entries they have. This is not the Olympics
15 years ago

Logo Designer
hahaha... well said Orion! Very true. It needs to be 'fair game' for all.
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Orion said:
I am getting very tired of seeing 1 designer taking up more than 1 of the top 4 spots. We put a lot of time into this so why should 1 designers hog the awards...it not fair to any of the other designers especially to new ones.

Tyler you need to fix this and invoke a system by which the CH has no choice but to rank different designers to the top 4 spots...why this is not been done from the every start I have no idea.

What if a designer submits 3 completely different concepts that the CH loves?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
3 different concepts with a few colour variations is fair enough, but 30 colour changes or font styles for what amounts to the same concept just shows the designers inability to refine a single idea based upon a rational.

It makes the designer & logo Tournament look amateurish and the contest annoying for the ch to admin.

With so many contest resembling this I don't bother entering in the first place for fear of the ch leaving so many entries unranked.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
this is what the Mods were for..... isn't it?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
How about only the top ranking counts per designer.

If a designer wants to submit 10 different concepts per contest, then at least they know in advance that they're only eligible for one ranking.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I think if entries are DIFFERENT (almost like done by different designers) that should be awarded too. But not changes made to the same concept.

(another link with 1, 2 3 and 4 using same concept, same designer: https://logotournament.com/contests/found_and_sons_funeral_chapels_-_cremation_service?page=1)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I agree with Tahia. If they're different then they can get awards, but there's no way to enforce that is there?

The only solution I see is to program it so that the top 5 need to be different designers. Other than that they can have at it.

Also, as we've mentioned before I would love to see something that forces the CH to rank at least the top 10. They can't declare a winner or get their files until that's done.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yes Jeff, that would be a good solution. But some CHs don´t do that even when they are told how ranking works and Mod gave suggestion on what to do:

https://logotournament.com/contests/found_and_sons_funeral_chapels_-_cremation_service?page=1

CH ranked ONLY the winner entry and marked all others as NOT INTERESTED. Asti suggested him to rank 10 different designers and CH made some entries come back, but gave 1, 2 3 and 4 to the same designer with same concept.
Nat
15 years ago

Logo Designer
honestly who cares about rank? i don't care if the winner gets the first 100 spots. seriously people get a life.
15 years ago

Client
Sacrilege! Egregious heretic questioning and undermining the very fabric of Logotournament itself!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Grafxhell said:
honestly who cares about rank? i don't care if the winner gets the first 100 spots. seriously people get a life.

You really can't deny the truth and honesty about that statement. Why waste so much time and effort debating losing entries.

You can't eat silver trophies and not every paying customer to this site is going to, or should have to, appreciate the time and effort of the losing designers. It's nice when they do, but not every CH can see the whole picture like Falcrum. Wish more did.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
you get more jobs or invitations to more contests by having a better rank position. You can´t eat the trophies but you can eat with the money earned thanks to those trophies. :)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes and if a CH is going to invite someone to a contest who is he going to look at first number 2399, I think not so ranking has its place and it ads a fun element to the site, so I care.
However I made a suggestion that has merit what if a CH doesn't rank a competition at all and after the required days of judging still hasn't made a decision, I say it should go to the highest ranking designer who entered the competition, that would give us lots of incentive to produce better logos and get to the top of the pile.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
hmmm... i don't know about you people but i get an invitation to every single contest held here... it comes in the form of an email, i receive one just about every 10 minutes or so. so, no i still don't care about rank, just wire me the green and you can keep the pretty blue ribbons.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Personally I enjoy some of the ranking points... somewhat shows who works harder than others.. now hopefully future contests can be limited to only those with higher points, thus most likely better contest entries.

Perhaps entry level designers could enter cheaper logo competitions. - thus you get what you pay for.., not comic sans ;)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us