Forum

Love looking at other contests

Client
It would be cool to have a feature where people could vote on other people's contests.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
hmmm, interesting. Perhaps this voting system can be seen by the client only if they opt for it...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Not a good idea, if the vote counts. We have a site here in South Africa that does t-shirt designs and they rely on the public to vote for them, in the end it ends up with the designer who can rent the largest crowd that wins.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I love the idea but -to avoid any rig) the "designer's ranking" should be shown to the CH only after his purchase. it would be fun to have the regular CH ranking + a "designer choice" designer ranking...
I'm sure we'll see big differences...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
And some people just have no taste!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Brendan said:
We have a site here in South Africa that does t-shirt designs and they rely on the public to vote for them, in the end it ends up with the designer who can rent the largest crowd that wins.

that's apples to oranges, though. On the site you're talking about (which is really crappy - it took them 8 months to send out my prize money/shirts) - the voters ARE the consumers. So even if it is a popularity contest, it still works out because those votes still translate to sales for the site. On LT, the only consumer is the one buying the logo.

that said - it's not really helpful to anyone to have a voting element, because those voting aren't necessarily the target market for the logo buyer. It's fantastic when a logo buyer can choose a brilliantly designed logo, but that's not always the answer...some markets require "ugly".
14 years ago

Logo Designer
satto said:
I love the idea but -to avoid any rig) the "designer's ranking" should be shown to the CH only after his purchase. it would be fun to have the regular CH ranking + a "designer choice" designer ranking...
I'm sure we'll see big differences...

I totally agree. I really think it would be sweet to have a designer choice rank. Its should count as a Gold Star :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
and the winner is .........
14 years ago

Client
jsabin said:
It would be cool to have a feature where people could vote on other people's contests.

I was thinking more just as input for the CH. No power in the outsiders to make any decisions.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I hate to be a party pooper...:) but, may times people are drawn to bells and whistles, and shiny objects. It's one thing to vote that something looks cool...it's another to know what the branding objectives are and understand the target market when deciding whether or not a logo fits the bill.

That is why I am personally against voting on contests. It might just make the selection process more confusing for the CH.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
peachdz9 said:
I hate to be a party pooper...:) but, may times people are drawn to bells and whistles, and shiny objects. It's one thing to vote that something looks cool...it's another to know what the branding objectives are and understand the target market when deciding whether or not a logo fits the bill.

That is why I am personally against voting on contests. It might just make the selection process more confusing for the CH.

+1
14 years ago

Logo Designer
+2
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I am quite new on LT and this is gonne be my first post. Hello Everyone!!!

From my opinion, It would be great to get votes(both + and -) from senior(or well ranked) LT Designers if it does not arise much complexities to CH selecting the winner.
This will help:
1. the new designers learning faster (or who are still interested to learn).
2. the CH who are not sure and expecting some help selecting the winner
3. CH who believes that "a logo should fullfill and meet a bunch of criteria and facts, and it is only a professional designer who can help finalizing/selecting the logo" - not offending.

Well, regarding the "learning", it is also a good way to learn observing and studying the ranked logos on a contest. But, here I have seen that, understanding the taste of a CH is simulteniously important while designing a unique logo. If a CH's taste goes to web2.0 for example and selects a winner accordingly then what is the fault of other designer trying to design something really brilliant but not web2?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Welcome to LT...and the LT forums kawsar! I hope you have fun and much success. :) Looks like you are off to a good start.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
NOT a good Plan .LT already has clicks...which are a disadvantage ..we have to remember this is not a game it's about the money and creating a design that suites the CH.....plain and simple...voting will only cause problems in the short and long term...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
No problem if we vote after winner is chosen and contest close... it is very interesting (and important for some of us) to know what the LT community think...
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231