Forum

Fulcrum is grateful and back for a personal project

Client
Hi all! I am using my new logo and getting lots of good feedback. Have also acquired several of my other favorites for related projects. Thanks again for all your excellent work.
I am now holding a personal project for my three year old daughter, Makai who will be going to school soon and I want her styled in her own super hip t-shirt. Jump in all you bad ass kiddy logo designers! Bring that cartoony mojo!
15 years ago

Client
I had my first experience with getting a logo pulled due to trademark issues. I wonder how often this happens? Where is the line drawn with trademark character infringement? The logo pulled off my contest was certainly in the style of Go Diego Go (which I did give as an example in my contest brief) but Diego is a boy, without pony tails and I don't remember him in a pith helmet. Was the logo traced and just augmented?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Well Falcrum, we looked into the Diego character, and compared that entry that was pulled out, the designer copied exactly the same eyes, nose, eyes, mouth, etc, so that was conisdered a violation for a copyrighted character, if the designer drew it to look similar without copying the same elements exactly, it wouldn't have been pulled out.

Also, it was based on Mod's voting, not just a one person opinion, multiple votes to make sure that all agree on the same thing before taking an action.

Its prohibited to have any istock / clipart elements that are copyrighted out there, also not to look similar or close to a copyrighted logo and in that case its a copyrighted character and the designer had used the same exact elements in that character, again if he just drew something similar with different lines, the case would have been different.

Best Regards,

Kareem
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231