Forum

why are withdrawn entries counted as entries?

Client
If an entry is withdrawn by the designer, why does LT count it as an entry? This exaggerates the number of entries.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
It is counted as an entry because at first it was moved by you to the ranking pool ( column ) and then later on the designer decided to withdraw it, but on your end it is still in the ranked pool.

If you wanted to de-rank it, you would simply drag and drop it to the not interested pool ( column ).

This is how the current system is designed to act.

Thanks,
Kareem
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I can't swear to this, as I'm just one of the designers, but I'd bet that if you have a problem with the number of entries in your contest the Logotournament administrators will work with you until you are happy with the participation, regardless of the listed number of entries. They seem to be very good about that. You also have several days left in your competition, and quite a few designers don't like to enter contests until closer to the end. Good luck with your contest.

Apatini
14 years ago

Logo Designer
They withdrew it because you marked it as not interested. There was no point in keeping it up. Just because you dont like an entry, it definitely does not mean that its not a valid entry.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I think he reffered that in any contest ( not just his ) let's say there are 50 entries, which from 30 are withdrawn, and he asked why are the withdrawn entries still counted, why wouldn't there be in my example just 20 entries at the contest.
Am I right guptaguma ? This is what you reffered ?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Because even though they were later withdrawn....they were still originally submitted and reviewed by the Contest Holder for consideration.

If they weren't counted...what if a CH ranks 10 out of 30 Not Interested....some of those designers withdraw the NI entries...then it gives the impression there were not enough entries for a valid contest....when in actuality...the CH simply did not prefer those entries.

So...all entries should be counted toward the total entries.... regardless of whether they end up as Not Interested or withdrawn.

And...I echo what Apatini said. Admin is willing to work with you if your contest does not draw sufficient entries...but, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised as your contest progresses. :)

Good luck!
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231