Forum

Why a longer contest if designers only join in the last few days? Can the logo we're looking for really be a last minute entry?

Client
From the discussion threads I've been reading, I understand designers sometimes join in the last few days or even hours of a contest.

We selected a 7 day contest because we wanted to work with participating designers to develop their logo ideas over time.

Can the logo we're looking for really be a last minute entry?

Appreciate for your feedback. Also see our contest:

https://logotournament.com/contests/grace_bible_church_honolulu

Thanks, Clifton
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Everything is possible. Might be an early right on spot entry, might be in middle way, might be last minute. It is always variable factor that you can't really figure out how it works.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
agree with Daz, but I believe a good idea come... and together, CH and designer work hand by hand to make it perfect, it also works with a work doing by days. When a las minute idea comes it can be only a copy of the others or maybe not. But a designer show his real interest from the begining of your contest, and if that happens be sure he will give to his and your idea more than brain.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes...your winning logo can come along at any time. With so many contests....many designers do not see a particular contest until it is close to ending. The good news is...you have a 7-day judging period which will allow you to work on refining any logo that you have ranked #1 during judging.

I personally prefer to enter early...but if I am looking for a new contest to enter...and see one that only has a few hours left...if I have a great idea, I will certainly give it a go.

Best of luck in your contest!
14 years ago

Client
It seems that a quality piece can be created more quickly than I initially assumed.

Our preference would still be to see a good idea evolve over days into a great idea.

https://logotournament.com/contests/grace_bible_church_honolulu

Thanks,
Clifton
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Clifton

both are true...designers think fast and react quickly...we all have ways of doing things, however evolving is the key to a design that is right for you...it is rare that a first mock actually wins but it does happens

I'm in

Scott
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231