Forum

Is it better to rank all entries, or drop some of them?

As a CH, is it better for the designers if I rank all the entries, even if I am not interested in many of them, or is it better to drop the ones I really don't want into the "not interested" category?

I am running a contest for an internet retailer of logo branded merchandise from around the world.

The contest expires tomorrow. There is a lot of good work already submitted, and it is still open for new entries.

I am trying to do what is best for the designers in terms of ranking vs. dropping things, because I want to encourage designers to give it a shot. Right now I am ranking all entries, not dropping any of them.

Is this OK?

Thanks!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
you can do what makes your job easier.
alot of "NOT INTERESTED" does discourage designers, but if it gives you better viewing capabiliities to make a solid choice then do so...

it may be time consuming to you to rank all designs, thus set up something that works good for both sides, which may be to rank the top twenty five that you feel that have a chance, and then drop the rest,

but the outmost importance is that the top five you have in mind should get some solid feedback.
hope this helps
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231