Forum

Logo use with business cards & stationary

Client
Dear Logotournament.com

I recently completed a logo tournament for The Psychiatric Wellness Center. The winning logo was by zie.

I am very happy with the logo. Zie sent me an eps file and 3 jpeg files for small, medium and large.

I am having a lot of difficulity with a print shop making business cards or letterhead stationary. The colors are not exactly right and the font is not exactly right. I do not understand why they can not use the logo files (eps and jpeg) to exactly replicate the winning logo by zie.

I even had zie send me the exact name of the font and the exact PMS color scheme and I gave this to the printer. They tell me now I need to find a book of colors like PMS and tell them which colors I want.

This seems too complicated. Am I dealing with a print shop that does not have the equipment or experience to handle this. It seems you must deal with this situation successfully all the time in your business.

I want the logo with all the richness of colors that zie created.

Please tell me your thoughts on this situation.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Tom McIntosh Jones
Psychiatric Wellness Center
For Children, Adolescents and Adults, PA
tommcjones@gmail.com
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Dr. Tom, I just had a quick glance at your posting and thought I'd give my 2 cents. As long as zie gave you true pms colour values in RGB and CMYK formats then I don't see the problem unless he used a special pms colour scheme that needs special printing material like a coated colour number that would need to be printed on glossy paper. Some effects like gradients and shadows do not print well either and sometimes pms colours can change from RGB to CMYK a bit. As for the font, zie should have changed the font to paths which means they aren't true "fonts" anymore and should print exactly as they appear in the logo regardless of the program used. If the font is being used for another purpose, unless zie made custom adjustments to his font there shouldn't be a problem unless the print company doesn't have the font file? If the print shop doesn't act like they know what they are doing then they probably don't unless I am missing something else here! Have you asked zie??
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Hi Dr. Tom,

Our resident designer & support person Ivan will be emailing you shortly to take care of these finer details.

Tyler
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I think the problem here is that the UCC color coding was not checked which of course made a normally dull color super bright in the crossover from CMYK to RGB.

From my research and knowledge, if you are showing images online a lot, it is best to work from RGB to CMYK, not the other way around. Then you are less likely to have gamut problems...or at least significant ones.
14 years ago

zie
Logo Designer
Dear Dr. Tom,

Apologize, I just know that you have a problem with the logo. Thanks to Admin..
I'll take the responsibility to solving your problems. I agree with Speedlogo if you allowed me to corespondence directly with the printer, so I know exactly what the problem is..
I'll send the font & everything you need directly, and I always welcome for any direct corespondence.

Thanks & warmest regards,
::zie::
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231