Forum

question for designers regarding comments on design- which is better way ?

Client
Is it better to communicate privately (private message) about a design that's been entered or is it better to just post my comment to the actual design? (Any advantages or disadvantages?)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Well, having your general comments for everyone to keep a note of, instead of repeating it to each one in PM or on his own designer page, has its advantages.

Therefore, state your general shared requirements, guidelines, direction of how you'd want your logo to be heading on the design direction part.

You can use PM, if you felt like it, only if you are asking for specific changes that concerns that designer unique design you are approaching.

It is not good or recommended to ask other designers to carry on a similar unique idea represented by one designer at your contest.

Thanks,
Kareem
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I personally prefer private message when the input is for my design specifically. It help prevent copycats from taking other people's input and submitting designs that are too close to other's concepts, instead of original.

Clicking on the designer's page works too....but that info can be read by everyone. The advantage of the designer's page is that you, and the designer can keep track of all of the alterations and correspondence concerning their entries on one page. The disadvantage is copycats trying to beat the original designer to the punch.

If the comments you have are general...and will benefit the contest as a whole, you can post them on your main contest page.

Best of luck with your contest!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Privately all the way, especially if the designer came up with the concept on their own...If the CH came up with the concept first, then the general area would be appropriate to post.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231