Client
The following ranking system was posted in my contest:
1st place - 50 points
2nd place - 20 points
3rd place - 10 points
4-6th place - 5 points
7-10 place - 3 points
10th on - 1 point

My question is -- does a designer get 1 point for EACH design past 10th or just if they have a logo ranked?
I am getting a lot of submissions (thanks by the way) and in order to try to keep it organized I am taking some designs to not interested but I want to ensure that all designers contributing to my contest get ranked. Any thought are appreciated. If this is covered in another thread, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Frank
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi frank.burch:)
only the ranked entries receive points....so in order for all designers to receive a point, you need to rank all...all designs from 10th rank on, receive 1 point.

:)
14 years ago

Client
Still confused. So if you participate in my contest and you submit 10 entries do I have to rank ALL ten of your entries 21 - 25 or can I just rank one entry 21 and the rest not interested and you get the same number of points?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Points are given per ranked design. If I had ten entries, I would only receive 1 point for each of those you ranked after place 10. Those marked not interested or left unranked, receive no points. You do NOT have to rank every design, Frank. Feel free to use "not interested" as a way of keeping your contest orderly. Designers do not expect that every design they submit will be ranked.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
because of the high prize amount you have posted you will need to use 'not interested' to keep things organised, you will havea huge amount of entries by the end of your contest =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Frank,

Thats huge contest you have there. As it is suggested that you rank designs as many as possible, you probably need to have small team to help you, judging, sorting and eliminate those doesn't meet your directions. This also would help you to be more objective selecting the winner in the end.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Frank,

At the very end of the contest you can rank all entries.
Till then you can keep the ranking organized with
keeping some in the N/I section. And all entries after 10
will receive x1 point. So If I submitted 10 and You ranked
me after 10 I will receive 10 points. Hope I helped:)

Cheers,
Angelina
14 years ago

Client
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, I am the ONLY one that has been able to stay on top of the contest so I have been a BIT overwhelmed!

The submissions by the vast majority of designers have been Top Notch. I didn't think that i would feel this badly when it came to final rankings. I have appreciated the technical and artistic skill shown even in the ones that I am not interested in (for us).

After the contest if completed I want to post some ideas that I have on how to enhance the process. Would this forum (General Discussion) be the best venue?

Thanks for the input, Frank.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231