Forum

Please help

Logo Designer
My keyboard has gone crazy.
I did a lot of research over the net about my keyboard skipping letters.
It happens aleatory and drives me crazy.

Bought a new one, dropped the wireless one. Nothing
Updated MB drivers. Nothing
Changed browsers. Nothing
Virus scan(safe mode and everthing). Nothing
Dropped firewalls, reset all to the original settngs. Nothing

Have anyone encountered such a problem?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Did you try using a hammer or your foot?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
busted usb port? tried them all? Mouse working o.k.?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
format your hard drive. It should be formatted every few months anyhow. also should do defragment at least once a week.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
The Fatkid said:
Did you try using a hammer or your foot?

LOL..hammer tried, foot not yet :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Logorilla said:
busted usb port? tried them all? Mouse working o.k.?

Yep, mouse ok. I'll change th USB..that never ocurd my mind... i'll let you know
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
format your hard drive. It should be formatted every few months anyhow. also should do defragment at least once a week.

Well, just did that a month ago...ince i have bought two 500GB / 10.000RPM HDD's. I do't think that this is, but thanks.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'll assume it's a usb keyboard.

It sounds like something is spiking all your available USB bus bandwidth. I'm betting something something failed when you reinstalled and the USB2.0 drivers weren't installed correctly. When that happens your OS will most likely fallback to USB 1.1 which is only 12mbps. USB2.0 is 480 mbps whis is about 40% faster... and is mandatory now-a-days.

Try to find the USP and motherboard drivers for your system and download and install the drivers for it from the manufacturers site.

Also make sure there are no device conflicts in the device manager, assuming you're using windows.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Akronix said:
I'll assume it's a usb keyboard.

It sounds like something is spiking all your available USB bus bandwidth. I'm betting something something failed when you reinstalled and the USB2.0 drivers weren't installed correctly. When that happens your OS will most likely fallback to USB 1.1 which is only 12mbps. USB2.0 is 480 mbps whis is about 40% faster... and is mandatory now-a-days.

Try to find the USP and motherboard drivers for your system and download and install the drivers for it from the manufacturers site.

Also make sure there are no device conflicts in the device manager, assuming you're using windows.

Geek.
14 years ago

D4W
Logo Designer
check the CPU usage is higher or 100%...its very annoying .....coz its hard to track that!!!

{quote}A keyboard that skips letters is a faulty keyboard, it has nothing to do
with the OS. Replace it.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Akronix, thanks.
Device manager is fine.
I plugged my KB in a different USB slot and now it seems to work.
I will leave it this way for a few hours and see what happens.
I checked the USB drivers again and again,update them and so forth. It seems that one of the USB slots (the one i usually use for KB) has failed somehow.

Thank you all for the infos. Really usefull!

Drink's on me!
Emi
14 years ago

Logo Designer
glad I could help.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
either some memory issue ... or my MB has something faulty...
God how much i miss my old Mac...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
ulahts said:
either some memory issue ... or my MB has something faulty...
God how much i miss my old Mac...

ahhhh, mac, so easy to understand......I'd say ditch the whole thing, go out a but a new mac....;-)....;-)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231