Forum

Should a contest holder give just a few or many indications to designers (are palm trees really creative)?

Client
Hi,

I have just read a post by a designer recommending to not give to specific ideas to designers. According to this comment, good designers don't like you (the CH) to tell them what to do, because they want to develop their own idea and not just action on somebody elses'.

I have been running a contest for 5 days now (related to travel). While I have tried to be as specific as possible about my business and what I would like to get across, I have invited designers to come up with a CREATIVE logo symbolizing discovery spirit. All I got until now, is palm trees, a globe and other no- brainers. After the 3rd or 4th day, I explicitely said that I am rather looking for symbols such as a trailmarker, splashing water, telescope, a sporty travel bag, etc. And still, almost no entries involving any of these. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Schilbert,

You did nothing wrong, a matter of fact, you did everything that is right. I checked into your contest, you updated your brief too with your specific visions, stated them clear and well, i just noticed you did not have much entries and you did not have yet the top designers having a take on at your contest yet, but you will be seeing some of those very soon.

Then, you will just notice that you are getting some really good top-notch creative entries that meet what you are looking for.

This for a starter is good to draw the top designers attention to your contest now, as they were busy with other and might not have noticed that yet.

Thanks,
Kareem
14 years ago

Client
Thanks a lot Kareem, for your encouraging words. Let's see what the last day brings ...

Best regards,

Schilbert
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231