Forum

Great new idea for LT that would make life so easy!

Logo Designer
how about a LogoTournament iPhone App?!

i mean everyone and their dog has their own iPhone app now-a-days why not LT?!

Just a simple app to manage your account and designs and to view new contests or just to browse and participate in forums.

i would definitely buy it!

thoughts?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I think JohnOne mentioned something about making one a while back.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
great idea, but the problem is I'm using windows mobile :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
SeanEstrada said:

i mean everyone and their dog has their own iPhone app now-a-days why not LT?!

thoughts?

i do not have a dog an i-phone too ;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
hahaha funny LG :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
love the idea... better be FREE! ;)
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
interesting idea -- but how many designers make logos on their iphone ? =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
no like i said it wouldnt be for creating. i would be for managing and just keeping up in the forums mostly.

i know im not always near a computer when i want to check on my designs
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I've wanted an iphone app since i started here, but it's probably not worth it for LT. The Apple SDK is strict, as is the approval process, and there's all kinds of maintenance to consider.

I suppose a third party could develop something like this, but they'd have to either be willing to do it for free (for the glory alone) or there would have to be some way to build in a revenue stream -- e.g., charge for the app or sell advertising. I'd pay for it. But there's not a very big volume of customers out there who would, so for LT and Apple it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense. Just my thoughts.

On the flip side, developing a mobile version of the site would be a great thing. Even on the iphone a mobile site is easier to use than LT as it stands now. As someone who frequently checks the site on my iphone, my biggest complaints are:

1. Offsite links aren't clickable, which was impossible to deal with until Apple introduced copy and paste to the phone. It's still a pain in the butt though.
2. From the mod perspective, the remove entry feature doesn't work on the phone. Of course, I normally try not to mod from the phone.
3. Text entry fields are too wide, so that when the phone zooms in for typing a post, it scrolls horizontally.

And on and on... a few things here and there. However, if I had to give up some of the awesome functional improvements that Tyler has planned in exchange for a mobile version, I'd say no thanks.

14 years ago

Logo Designer
ok yeah a mobile version will work fine too :)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231