Forum

ALL RIGHT!!! I am officially #100 and in only a week!

Logo Designer
Kudos to me! Do I get a cool shiny MOD badge now?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Not to shabby 3 golds...1 per week..congrats
15 years ago

Logo Designer
No, just because it happened to Brazzle... (bruce dazzle) doesn't mean you get it!

Good job man.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
i see an afro headed straight for your avatar!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
no, no badge:) but kudos on wins, that was quick:):)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Thank you all.

I know I am a pain in the ass, but I love this site. It's cheaper than going to a psychiatrist and better therapy too!

;)

Love you all,

Sam
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I think I got one more!
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
DesignDrive said:
Thank you all.

I know I am a pain in the ass, but I love this site. It's cheaper than going to a psychiatrist and better therapy too!

;)

Love you all,

Sam

Not that I'm a therapist but I think you are definitely making progress.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I agree he’s only managed to make 30 designers angry this week I call that good progress, Well done Sam, your’e allright but dont stop now we’re nearly there. LOL
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Thank you all for kind words! Especially Tyler, trust me all doctors are as crazy as you (craziest, surprisingly were the Neurologists - past life, medical recruitment).

But seriously, I love this site. Just the "Big Brother" function needs to lighten up a bit.

Tyler you never replied to my suggestions, what do you think, what do you guys think?

If you would like a few suggestions, I would gladly give them, if not, so be it.

1. I honestly think that censoring the forums with a bunch of people, simply because they have a high ranking is immoral and illegal. Most of them are of a different mindset and not all understand what “Freedom of Speech” and the right for Creative expression mean – I think it undermines the concept of this entire site.

2. When I make a comment – hey check out # so and so, I do it not only to the CH, but to fellow designers, I would like their critique, their input, design shouldn’t be a war. There are a few idiots out there of course that make it hard for the rest of us, that is why I assume these rules came into play, but there should be an outlet for critique and input – simply censoring comments is counterproductive.

3. There needs to be some sort of an outlet for cooperation rather then competition on LogoTournament.com also. If a designer is dropping F bombs and acting like an idiot simply to suppress the other designer and make him look bad in front of CH is one thing, complete opposite is when he is giving critique in a professional manner and his/her input – there needs to be an outlet for that. I think the way the rules are set up right now they bring out the worst in us as designers and not the best. Too much animosity over this and that. Let’s face it the era of great designers is over, it’s all about kids that learned Adobe and are clicking away and regurgitating NIKE swooshes.

4. Here is a serious idea – you should really consider about putting a “job board” in the website, I think that would be of tremendous help to struggling designers everywhere. (Also a great way to make extra $ in job board posts). I know I would be the first one to hire people off this site.

5. Back in the days (when I was 22) I was involved with Sessions.edu – a Parsons Project – first online school of graphic design. I had developed their graphic design 2 course. Why not have some of the high ranking designers offer design courses and tutorials online. People can sign up for them – another source of revenue. A whole lot of designers would love to get a nice “Teacher” badge. I think that would be a great outlet for critique and generate a whole lot of traffic to the website.

GUYS, Input?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
You know what, I will make this into it's own post.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231