Forum

Would love feedback on my top ten

Client
I'm stuck. I don't even have much feedback to give the designers. Am I going in the right direction? This is the last day!
I don't have any artistic people around me at the moment. If any of you designers are willing to take a peek and respond here or PM me about your take on my top ten (or three) it would be much appreciated.
Goodnight all,
Philip
14 years ago

Logo Designer
https://logotournament.com/contests/sojourn_teambuilding
Top 7 submissions are by 3 designers. If you make it clear to yourself what variant of each 3 designer concepts you would like to see you'd move somewhere.
Make it Top 7 for 7 different concepts.
Emblem type submissions seem to be the most outstanding and there is quiet a choice of them. Since emblems is what you wanted I'd focus on them.
#6 has a strong point. Try discouraging the use of gradients and may be(that is may be) the logo would appeal to you.
Good luck
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I will not talk about another person design what is important is Gradients are fine, it gloss effect that can be an issue with print...however I do encourage to have the final logo done in several formats one for web which has all the bells and whistles, ( gloss, gradients drop shadows) while the same design in 2 or 3 colour (pantone and no gradients) but this ala depends on the type of industry. for example the graphics an d entertainment industry is a good example of where full blown effects will work.

Any design will look great when with full effects the most important is how the design will look in Black and white (NOT GREY SCALE) black and white only) I cannot stress this enough it is crucial that it work great as BW if it does not then move on to another.

Side Note: Designers should not critique other designers work unless it is done privately...I was on another new site recently and my first submission was blasted by no other than the top ranked designer go figure I was a threat...I no longer participate with that site...
14 years ago

Client
Great advice on the BW as well as the simple vs bells and whistles version, thank you. I still need some feedback (private is great) on my top three designs.
Designers only move when coached and I have no more valid input, while at the same time do not LOVE my final logo.
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Start a google poll with the ability to post a comment.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231