Forum

Looking for something more. What do you need from us?

Client
We are generally unhappy with the results thus far of our contest. At this point we have 15 results and truly none of which we see being a good fit. More than half went immediately to uninterested. Our question is what do you need from us to better allow you visual preparation for logo and what our overall branding objective must play. We feel as if though not many are reading our brief and if so is there something more we can say to give a clearer direction?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
:)Hi....your contest still has 3 days, I'm sure you will get more entries:)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yep just posted myself :)

Jason
15 years ago

Client
Somewhat at a loss for words. Definitely encouraging more submissions. Perhaps someone will understand our approach and attempt to encompass our branding strategy. 1000 average submissions still leaves us without a logo. Jason, for example, although your logo submission is nice. It says absolutely nothing about who Live Good Advertising is or what it stands for.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
And your current no1 ranked states what you are and what you do in any way shape or form? Oh well good luck with the contest I'm clearly not what you're looking for so won't be getting involved.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
At first glance it just seems kinda hard to pinpoint the essence of your business when it's swimming in all that text/marketing. It just doesn't seem like you provided much description with an intrinsic value...I think you're getting vague/generic solutions as a result.

as one of my design instructors used to say, "There's too much parsley on the plate. I can't see what I'm supposed to be eatimg."
15 years ago

Client
Yeah I slightly figured it may come out that way. We are a firm designed to give clients as much exposure, promotion and publicity they can garner. We understand that our lingo is possibly perplexing to designers as we are sure that there is likely a better way to communicate with each of you.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I really don´t understand how your best ranked entries portray the feeling / spirit of the services you offer. As my message in the contest page maybe we´re missing something?

Nat
15 years ago

Client
Nat- It has become apparent to me that designers are having a hard time with our concept. We again understand your point of view. In a business sense yours does accomplish what you say however it does not develop into our branding strategy. Our normal client is looking for something more. We have not found a logo in which we would jump at choosing if this contest to end as we speak. Any of those in the actual rankings are niether above or below many of them. We again apologize if our concept is not vivid enough.

Here is a general list of our services:

Hit The Streets Advertising
Live Good Social Networking / Fan Sites
Booking Services
Live Event Planning
Press Release Services
SMS Fan Clubs
Management Services
Live Event Promotions
Sponsorship Sales/Submission
Advertising Sales
Print & Digital Submission
Print Services
Record Label Submission
Distribution Submission
Live Good Email Marketing
Client Business Development- Brand Strategy Development
Sports & Entertainment Investing
Live Good Talent Marketing Service
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Well, seeing the list, I would suggest pure wordmark aka typographic logotype.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
(Let me preface this by saying I wrote this while the last few comments were made. Luckily I copied before trying to submit, because I had to log in again. :) )

Here are some suggestions/thoughts and things I like to know when designing for a client.

From what I gathered from reading the brief and doing some internet searches, you do public relations and advertise your clients and/or their product (books, music, bands. talent etc.)

If you need the signature (and I am going to use the word signature because a signature says more about who you are and is more brand related) to say more about what you do, I suggest you need to go with a more literal rather than abstract symbol (not a wordmark, not just a logotype). But, considering what you do and what your selling (people and/or their product), it will be a little difficult to do literal symbology. This takes us back to the abstract.

Thus, you may want to consider adding a tagline. Maybe something like "Promoting people and their products". Think about Enron. Their name says nothing...well, these days it says corruption...but the name itself says nothing about what they do.

Also, find some signatures that you like the look of, go ALONG with your branding sliders, what is it about them that you like and mention them in your brief.

Other things I like to know when working with a client. Where are you located at? Are your clients local, regional or national? From what I gathered you are in Houston. And the reason I ask this is that maybe there is a local landmark that can be incorporated into your signature. If you are national, this really does not apply.

Who is your competition? What are their websites? (for research) What differentiates you from them? If we are going to talk branding then we have to talk differentiation!

Now, let's be honest and some on here are going to very much disagree with me. But you get what you pay for. The company I used to work for charged $10,000-$15,000 for a signature and that did not include all the logo standards that should come with it. So, you may want to raise the contest amount, which will definitely get you more designers participating. I am not saying the entries will be any more conceptually thought out, but it will get you more designs. Also, you can extend the ending date. As one designer already pointed out, you have a few days left and will see a lot more participation.

Oh, I knew there was one other thing. Personally I fell like the "Advertising" part throws me off. Sounds more like an advertising firm in the more traditional sense. So think about downplaying it.

I hope this helps and I hope you get what you are looking for. Feel free to send any questions and comments my way.

L.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
DO read the comments that designers put in. Even if you do not like the execution of a design, you may like the concept. Let the designer know what you do like/not like about the execution. Then they can fix the execution while still having the same concept.
15 years ago

Client
Unfortunately I didnt copy and paste and was logged off. It simply said thank you for your openness and advice. We agree with your thoughts on signature and moreso with getting what you pay for. We are discussing much of what you had to offer as direction and questions. We are located in Houston, TX with clients from US with research being done abroad. We feel as though the true definition is the public promotion of a service, an event, a client, etc. Thank you again.
15 years ago

Client
Thank you SpeedLogo. We appreciate your help and availability for submission to our contest. We completely agree with your sense of class. Obviously many of our clients enjoy something looking extravegent or has a certain designer on it. We do entertain both clients but agree that in general clients who understand what true class and elegance mean that its not a logo but a comfort level and sincerity of the product or service that you receive from that organization. Our logo shall only be an introduction to who we are and not a mask for another average agency. Live Good Advertising is a way of life and a general outlook. We are LGA and our clients are LGA. We are here to provide our clients with exposure. We are our clients people.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
incoming livegood... :)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231