Forum

Why are Designs withdrawn?

Client
Why do designers withdraw from ranked, not ranked or not interested Designs? I think it would be good to keep a presence on a contest as it could spark an idea down the road for the CH.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I withdraw entries after the contest finishes. only because i don´t like to have the same entry in the portfolio many times. If i withdraw before the contest ends it´s because i´m not really satisfied with the design.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I used to only withdraw after the contest closes. Now sometimes I'll withdraw ranked entries if I want to make significant changes, or sometimes even just to use it in a different contest. I don't play here for trophies and ribbons... just the cash.

Sometimes designers might withdraw for being too close to an existing copyright or an other designer who submitted the same concept first. These situations can be unintentional or intentional.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
the contest still shows up on our list even if we remove all of our designs from it so we are technically still in the contest even with no current entries =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
update. I just withdrew all my high ranked entries from a contest completely by accident. I thought I saw it in my completed contests page but made a mistake :(

It just started in judging

Oh well. First time I've ever done this.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Akronix said:
update. I just withdrew all my high ranked entries from a contest completely by accident. I thought I saw it in my completed contests page but made a mistake :(

It just started in judging

Oh well. First time I've ever done this.

fail
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i agree with ramm. keep new one
14 years ago

Logo Designer
theres a number of reasons why i withdraw. most common one is definitely because of a complete lack of communication from the contest holder. while i understand its not possible with every entry, if an entry is getting ranked, then a quick comment on whats right and wrong about the design should be made.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
illumina said:
theres a number of reasons why i withdraw. most common one is definitely because of a complete lack of communication from the contest holder. while i understand its not possible with every entry, if an entry is getting ranked, then a quick comment on whats right and wrong about the design should be made.

^^^^well said, that is why I withdraw as well......COMMUNICATION is KEY;–)
14 years ago

Client
Let me communicate then: come join my contest for Sojourn Teambuilding! I make comments like a madman!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
reason i withdraw my entries is only because the previous logo is being enhanced ...so no point in keeping the the old logo.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
@kash25... there is a reason to keep them in there... if you are ever drawn into logo court and need to prove that it's your concept, if you've withdrawn you will have no evidence and you could be tossed from a contest... just something to consider...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
many...many reasons
besides all above, withdrawn for not appreciated/suspected because unreasonable thought (this is fact, just found that, see: https://logotournament.com/forum/general_discussion/4641 )
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I guess was that texanet was asking for the old entries in his contest for new ideas.
Maybe this is why we withdraw entries, just because we don't want our entries to be considered inspiration for others ;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm with ulahts on that one - and too often 'inspiration' is putting it mildly.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
1. get PM'ed by other designer for designer conduct issue
2. dont want CH use it as new idea for other designer, while his entry got no any attention (unranked or not interested placed) :D
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Rammm said:
I withdraw entries after the contest finishes. only because i don´t like to have the same entry in the portfolio many times. If i withdraw before the contest ends it´s because i´m not really satisfied with the design.

yep, same here. i wouldn't mind if they would stay in the contest. i just want my port folio to be clean.

Sometimes i withdraw from a contest if i really disagree with the direction the CH wants me to go. I do want to keep designs close to my self.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Plain & simple - if client has zero interest, I pull them so I can have less of a visual trail of "reused" items from my personal library I pull from. Because I am a pixel-hacker and re-use a lot of stuff over time - you know, flip/twist/edit > resave > submit! :)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231