Forum

Final scoring to a designer ?

Client
Question - when it comes to final ranking - what happens if one designer gets rankings of 1, 2 and 3 etc :- do they get gold, silver and bronze, or are they only awarded for gold only? In other words does a designer get credit only for highest place or for all places ? How does the final scoring given to a designer work?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
you cant acctually end your contest unless you have threee different designers in the top three spots, this is to keep it fair for all designers.

we get points based on how many designs we have ranked at the end of the contest and what rank they are in.
the points go towards our overall ranking on the site
14 years ago

Logo Designer
How are ranking points calculated? Also, I don't quite understand the 'Entries' stat? Is this for the amount of times a designer has uploaded a logo? Because I have seen designers with a lower Entries number to the amount of Shortlisted logos.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
@logod - check the designer FAQ for the scoring setup.

regarding entries, as far as i've known, it represents the number of submissions you haven't withdrawn. they won't all show in your portfolio because some contests are private and therefore not visible in your public folio, but that should help you.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
1st place - 50 points (Gold)
2nd place - 20 points (Silver)
3rd place - 10 points (Bronze)
4-6th place - 5 points (Blue ribbon)
7-10 place - 3 points (Blue ribbon)
10th on - 1 point (for every entry ranked)

Unranked and Not interested get no points.
14 years ago

Client
It would be interesting to have a calendar year ranking of total points as well as overall points since joining, this would be good for CH who can then see new designers with excellent track record in last 12 months. You could also then have a designer of the year award !
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231