Forum

Image size fitting clip board

Logo Designer
Just realised I posted this in the wrong section.. argh.
Hey, I'm new to this site, and when I uploaded a logo to the contest page, the edges of the logo are touching the edges of the clip board. When I exported the file to a JPG from Illustrator, it said it was sized 350x280 and looked right but uploaded in the contest page it looks cropped. Can anyone help me? It's probably just basic but it's driving me crazy! Thanks heaps. -Stace
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I don't export to jpg. I design in AI then click on the rectangle tool, click once on the artboard, enter 350 px by 280 px and once the rectangle is on the artboard I center the design within it, select the rectangle and then do OBJECT>CROP AREA>MAKE. Then use "Save for Web" rather than exporting to JPEG. That way the file is set to the correct size and you can position it within the "box" before exporting to make sure you have whitespace around it.

Depending on the version of Illustrator you're using, if you don't set a crop area, it will use the edges of the design as the boundaries. (Older versions would use the artboard specs as the boundaries.)

Probably too much info, but that's what I do. :)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
No thats great, thanks heaps! I'm using CS2 which I guess is old considering 4 is out! LOL.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Ummm...I'm using CS. ;-)

I think prior to v10 it cropped to the artboard.

Good luck in the contests!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I simply set up a doc 350x250 and save it as a template.for example ' logo_tourny.ait'
then i just copy my design and 'New from template' and paste the design into the new doc
Using 'save for web' and clicking the 'crop to artboard' in the image size tab.
that way each comp has a folder with a roughs Ai file and a presentation file.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm using CS4, exporting to JPG, Use Artboard, SCREEN RESOLUTION (took me a while to catch that LOL) and done.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231