Forum

What if you like multiple logos?

Is it possible to purchase other logos that did not win in your contest. If so, what would be a fair price to pay and how would you go about it? I am thinking of doing a series of logos for another company and want to perhaps buy in bulk if they turn out.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
After you pick your initial winner, you can always Private Message the other designer (hopefully you ranked them second place, if you like it that much) and ask them if they will sell the design to you as well. Most of the time the designer will want the same price as the contest was originally for (because they probably put just as much time and effort into making it as the winner that you picked). But you can ask, and find out if they want to sell it to you.

The only thing that I recommend is not to approach them until the contest is over with, because it's consider a back woods deal. But after the contest it's okay to ask. Many CH's have done this in the past.

Hope that this helps!!

You might want to wait a bit also, you currently only have 13 entries and 4 days left to go. There might be a later entry that might blow your socks off!!
14 years ago

Thanks eightball. I am asking this question for an upcoming contest, not current contest. Good advice.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
No problem. I must not have rad your full statement above, I do appologize for this. To some designers, if the design was not sold they may take anything and some may not take anything if you are buying in bulk. The reason being is that most designers do not want to sell their hard work and imagination too a wholesaler and then have them be resold to others logo buyers down the road. I am not saying that all feel this way, but I would guess that a lot of designers would not go down that road.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm already in this case. My CH ranked me n°2 but told me that i was n°1, equal as the contest winner. He ask me to buy my logo outside LT. (The contest is finished). I'm just waiting for Tyler's answer to allow this transaction...
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231