Forum

Judging Timeframe--Urgent please respond!

Client
Hi--

I just wanted to confirm the judging portion of the contest as my contest ends in a couple of hours. Over the last 7 days, I have logged in numerous times per day and have tried to provide feedback on every entry. Unfortunately, on the last day of the contest today, I was pulled away on some urgent business. Anyway, many more entries were submitted today than any other day (75+ and counting!), which is fantastic (thank you, Designers!). However, I want to make sure I have the time to assess all of these wonderful new entries and rank them. There is no way I can get it done by the time the contest ends in less than 2 hours.

So, I just want to confirm that I have up to 7 days to judge---this means that I can drag-and-drop and re-rank, correct? I just won't get any new entires? We won't take that long, but I just wanted to make sure. Can someone from LogoTournament please confirm ASAP?

Thanks!!!

Vreynolds (Insight Quality Contest)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
you can re-rank under judging. only the ranked number #1 can enter new entry's under judging mode.

:)
14 years ago

Client
Great, thank you!!!! :)
14 years ago

Client
I am a little confused about the procedure. During judging mode, may I request modifications from any designer, not just the top ranked? By new entries only from the top ranked designer, do you mean entirely new concepts or a modifications of an existing design? What if I re-rank in judging mode? Can the new top-ranked designer submit a new design?

I am considering extending, but if it is possible for all designers to continue refining their designs (just not submit new), then I probably won't as it would result in a crazy number of designs and I am spoilt for choice already.

My 48 hour deadline for extension fast approaching. Please help!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
only the top ranked designer can upload entries during the judging phase.
you can re-rank the designs so as to have a different designer in first which allows them to upload
designers are only allowed to upload variations on their existing designs during judging - not new concepts.
both the contest itself ('accepting entries' phase) and the judging phase can be extended is needed.

hope this helps
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi lawnes,

During judging, only #1 ranked designer can continue to submit. This is intended for refining and modifying existing concepts from that designer. You can re-rank in judging mode placing someone else in first place if you want to see more refining from that designer.

If you want new concepts...it is best to extend your contest. If your contest is exteneded...all designers can continue to submit new or refined designs.

Hope this helps clarify.
Kim
(sorry bugy...posted at same time :)
14 years ago

Client
thanks both of you, that is the clarification that I needed. would the designers object if I extended the contest but then ended it early after a few days? There is one designer who has told me he won't make the deadline, although I like his concept. Also, I keep hearing about the flood of new designs that comes in the last few days of a contest. So far I haven't really seen that, but if it happened and there were a lot of new designs that appealed to me, especially from designers I am encountering for the first time, then there would be a huge flurry of activity in judging mode, which is when I kind of anticipated sitting back and taking a long, hard, contemplative look at everything.

I guess part of the problem I am having is the high quality of the designs submitted. Any of my top 10, probably even the top 15, could be refined into something that would knock your socks off. I don't want to frustrate LT's hardworking designers by turning my contest into something seemingly endless. But I am the kind of person who likes to take time with a decision and consult my network. Since it is my first contest, I don't know what to expect in the last days so it is hard to decide the best approach. Any suggestions?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
yea there is nothing wrong with extending it and then ending it short of the new finish date. Afterall its your contest and if you feel that would produce a better result then go for it.

i would just suggest that you let the designers know what you are doing as much as possible, we like to be kept in the loop =)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231