Forum

How do I handle it? Want to combine elements of 2 designs from different designers

SIW
Client
I want to ask to have elements from two different designs from two different designers combined into a new design. How should I handle this? Any advise would be helpful.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Best way:
Contact both designers with a private message and tell them what you want if they both agree to share their elements and compete in may the best man (or woman) win spirit. Both designers must agree and it may take some time if the time zones are an issue!

Worst way:
In your comments request those 2 elements in a design. This is doable but it is not fair to the creative talents of the two designers. Also you may lose some new creative design that you might have liked better by forcing only certain elements in the design!

Best of luck
David
14 years ago

Logo Designer
davoid said:
Best way:
Contact both designers with a private message and tell them what you want if they both agree to share their elements and compete in may the best man (or woman) win spirit. Both designers must agree and it may take some time if the time zones are an issue!

I totally agree
14 years ago

SIW
Client
Great advice, thanks David! Ditto Berrido.
If I decide I want to try the two elements I will follow your advice. Thanks again.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
SIW;

If the designers have come up with the unique idea on their own and then you ask for it then there will be a LC mess all over again. This site has a zero tolerance for concept theft on both ends. The first option will not work either. Once they agree then all designers will be able to use the same concepts. And then if neither of the original designers got picked then that would be a mess then too.

You should probably just pick one as a winner and pay for the other designer to add their elements to it outside of LT. Or contact ADMINISTRATION to see if it would be a possibilty to split the prize and have them work collaboratively together on the design. You will probably have to still pick one for the gold trophy though and then the other for the silver.
14 years ago

SIW
Client
Eightball-
That's an interesting point about the whole LC mess potential. I agree there doesn't seem be an obvious way for the LC to know if the designers had agreed to work collaboratively prior to them getting involved. Possibly working with them together after a winner has been chosen, or contacting Admin may be the best way.

Thanks for the input. We will probably not go down this road anyway now, it may be to complicated.
14 years ago

I have this same issue, too. I am trying to decide what to do. Neither design is acceptable by itself. But together they are perfect.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I would contact BOTH designers, split prize, I'd add to the prize because you are splitting between two designers. I'd meet the prize in the middle, so to speak, as you are getting 2 designs, combined. MOst designers will agree to this....;-)
14 years ago

Cool that's what I need to know.
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I second tini1's suggestion.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Tyler said:
I second tini1's suggestion.

Prize money is split - and fine But who gets the ranking!?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
ranking i just a number for me the prize is better
14 years ago

UTE
Logo Designer
Offbeatdesign pay money to the moderators and than is everything possible!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
If none of designs are good themselves, combined design won't be good, either...
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231