Forum

Poll Feature?

Client
I am sure this has been discussed before, but it would be killer if you could have a polls section in the forum where CH's like myself could put up a poll on what logo people thought should win. This would provide an instant excellent international opinion.
I also know that i would love to vote on other peoples contests as well!
The poll would have to be totally arbitrary with no link to the outcome of the actual contest and the voters would also have to be logged in to vote. This would help from Designer's stacking the vote, especially if you could drill down to see who voted for what...

btw My contest was Distinctive IT Solutions Inc. and I am going to have a hell of a time deciding on a winner....
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Very nifty idea!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
If that were implemented (which I think it should be!), I think only contest holders should be able to vote, the designers for the most part are honest, but we're all a little biased. I think just having contest holders vote would be a fair poll :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
It's a nice idea Jonas!
@illumina: There would be nothing to win except fun,
so everybody could vote except in the contests they have submit logos.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
while i dont think this a bad idea, i think an area where people can anonimously leave comments about the designs that only the CH can find would be great, these would have to be reviewed by mods/admins to make sure none of the designers is being dishonest though
14 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
You could create Google docs poll for now :)
14 years ago

Client
Good idea...
Would be great if we could use html in our posts...

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDBXUDhFVHB0SXpQYkNyN1pmNDRaVHc6MA..

Anyone want to give this a try?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Voted!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Voted for nzr!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
satto said:
It's a nice idea Jonas!
@illumina: There would be nothing to win except fun,
so everybody could vote except in the contests they have submit logos.

If the purpose of the poll is to get unbiased opinions, I think its best to leave the voting to the contest holders.
Like I said, as designers who participate regularly in the contests here, we can't be completely unbiased.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
This is such a BAD idea.....no designer should be voting on any other designers work period.

BTW Google Doc doe s not record ip , have time stamp to only vote 1 in a 24 or 48 hour period....it does allow for multiple votes..for example page back and vote again....and again and again and again..so you poll will not be accurate
14 years ago

Logo Designer
cheating is useless, nothing to win... so what?
no problem for me, i'm just curious to know what other think!
14 years ago

Client
ok thanks for the votes. Great idea, bad implementation with google docs. lol. I guess I will just wait for this feature to be added at LT.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
only if designers have no vote!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
why Brendan?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
If its possible that it could influence the contest holders decision, people would cheat.

satto said:
cheating is useless, nothing to win... so what?
no problem for me, i'm just curious to know what other think!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
There are no argue here. Do you realy think CH could be influenced? I would not.
Maybe i'm wrong...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
satto said:
why Brendan?[/quote

Ok lets extend that to only designers who have not entered a particular contest and Ch’s,. That would also work. Also bear in mind some designers on LT are liked because of their personality. So can we remain totally objective?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Anyone with an open mind can be influenced.

satto said:
There are no argue here. Do you realy think CH could be influenced? I would not.
Maybe i'm wrong...
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231