Forum

Very Few similar entries

I was wondering why my contest did not draw enough designers. I think we have a pretty good award amount ($350). Just comparing to other contents we got maybe 10% logos. The ones we got are not the best either and they all are variations of the same logo. . Any advice you can give me whats wrong> The concept of our logo should be the universal and secure data access to the cloud-based applications. Queplix.com
15 years ago

Logo Designer
It may be the length of your contest -- folks are probably designing/submitting for contests that will be ending in the next couple of days, whereas there is quite a bit of time left on your contest. Be patient -- you'll probably see more entries showing up shortly!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Ouch! Not very good? ;)

The designers above make a great point about the length of your contest and the fact that you will see more entries in future days. But now is a great opportunity for you to be collaborating with the designers that have entered early. So let me add my own best advice for you to have a wonderfully successful contest!

Designing a logo is a two-way street. I personally entered your contest and got a fairly decent rank, but zero feedback. Without feedback, it's hard for us designers to know what's working for you and what isn't. Sure, we need to bring the creativity to the table, but without some guidance from you, we're just stabbing in the dark. And it's up to you to keep us grounded toward your goals as a business owner -- it's your logo, and you probably won't find that perfect mark unless you are a bigger part of the process.

I know it can be time-consuming to give individual feedback, and for some people, it's really hard to describe the way you think or feel about a particular design. But I promise you that the more individual feedback you give to the designers who are already entered and at least displaying a style that you like, the harder they will work to give you just the right design. Yes, it may take more time from you than maybe you were prepared to give, but this is an important decision! And as the contest draws to a close, you'll have a ton more designs from other designers to add to the mix, which will likely make choosing your logo really easy (because someone nailed it) or really hard (because there's so much to choose from)!

Anyway, that's my advice. You can take it or leave it, but I wish you good luck nonetheless!

14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi, I actually added this contest to my Watchlist when it first opened (I do that when planning to enter) but have been working on the contests which are ending sooner, just wait, you'll be getting more designs nearer to the end.

bluberri
14 years ago

Logo Designer
I'd like to echo what Lindsey said - I saw this thread and thought I'd take a look at your competition .. I entered a couple of designs very different to what's there already ... and both got marked not interested with no feedback.

I can live with the fact the designs were not for you, but with no feedback, I don't know where I went wrong and as such won't bother entering any more.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Personally, I backed away because a glance at the rankings made it seem like you were already favoring a particular designer. At the time I looked, most of the top 20 spots were held by the same person.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Liking a lot of the same person can really have a big impact on the contest. If you like someone too much, everyone will think you pretty much have a winner.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231