Forum

New suggestion for contest

Logo Designer
I think that Logo tournament should have a limit on entries. For example, if the contest is for $300., the entries will stop at 100, even though there is still time remaining on the contest.
$250. 75 entries
or, we can divide the amount of money by $20. and that would be the amount of entries permitted.
I think this will benefit everyone, the CH would get top notch designs from the get go. there will be no more hanging around to see what other designer are submitting.
That brings me to another idea. Is there a way that designers can only see their own entries? Not what everyone else has submitted. That will eliminate copy cats.

That's my 2cents.
(US currency)
DonGato
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Blind contest was discussed to death before. I don´t think it´s going to happen.

Neither the limitation per contest. CHs need to get TONS of entries to choose from, so they come back again and open new contests so you and everybody here have a new possibility :)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
this just limits what the CH gets to see and reduces the chances of them getting what they want =\

i don't see how that would benefit LT in any way
15 years ago

JR2
Logo Designer
in my experience 250 $ CHs are the worst, many requirements, and finally the winning logo has nothing to do with all the stuff , revisions, and hard work...I love 350-and up, where CH knows exactly what he is after, :)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Tahia, let's hope that they don't give up. I think that the blind contest would benefit everyone.

bugy, do they really need 398 logos to choose one? I know that's why its called a contest, but 398 for $350. Come on, there's gotta be a limit. I think that keeping it to a limit will produce better designs right off the bat, and CH would not waste their time ranking 300 logos. Quality vs. Quantity.
DonGato
15 years ago

Logo Designer
DonGato said:
I think that keeping it to a limit will produce better designs right off the bat

how does it make any difference to the quality of the designs other than to stop people entering the contest later on who have genius ideas but the CH cant see them because the contest is full?

im really struggling to see the logic behind it.

keep in mind that almost every concept entered by a designer = 5+ entries of variations on that same design.
sometimes many more, ive done over 60 variations on the one design before (due to back and forth communication with the CH)

while its a bit silly that some people post 20 variations straight up without being asked, its not really a problem, it only takes the CH ten seconds to bin them all =)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
It wouldnt encourage quality, it would encourage designers to rush their work so they can be in the first 100. If anything it would reduce quality.

DonGato said:
Tahia, let's hope that they don't give up. I think that the blind contest would benefit everyone.

bugy, do they really need 398 logos to choose one? I know that's why its called a contest, but 398 for $350. Come on, there's gotta be a limit. I think that keeping it to a limit will produce better designs right off the bat, and CH would not waste their time ranking 300 logos. Quality vs. Quantity.
DonGato
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
"but 398 for $350"

If that was for separate entries that'd be quite a challenge. Let's face it - some designers here look like they just came out of Ai preschool. It would be improper to ask the CH give any consideration (including feedback) to such entries. This isn't a school. The designer part of me wishes that all of the legit entries would receive at least a "thanks but not to my liking." But I am satisfied if the CH does their best and comments on a reasonable number of designs.

Quality vs Quantity is the goal LT is always working towards. It's a constant effort not an instant event.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
agreed 100% with ivan
15 years ago

Logo Designer
OK, seriously. Try to imagine this. If there was a limit of 100 entries on a contest, don't you think some fool would submit a bunch of poorly constructed logos (or even the same one) 100 times as fast as possible?
15 years ago

Client
I am a current CH, and my Contest is for "Masterful Music Productions"! I chose this site because I was told about it by a Web Designer friend of mine, and so this is my first time. I only offered $300.00 because I don't know what logo designers generally make, but I have gotten some pretty good stuff. I would suggest that anyone who feels as if the CH is getting over with $250.00 or $300.00 offerings, that those persons set a standard as to what they will compete for and don't submit for those amounts. Some people I'm assuming come to this site because they can't afford any more than that amount. I do hear and feel what's being said, but that is what a competition is about, "COMPETING". By the way, if the logo that I select is Really good, I believe in tipping, and plan to do so at the end of my tournament. Peace, Love and Blessings to ALL of you and your families!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
pianology1 said:
I am a current CH, and my Contest is for "Masterful Music Productions"! I chose this site because I was told about it by a Web Designer friend of mine, and so this is my first time. I only offered $300.00 because I don't know what logo designers generally make, but I have gotten some pretty good stuff. I would suggest that anyone who feels as if the CH is getting over with $250.00 or $300.00 offerings, that those persons set a standard as to what they will compete for and don't submit for those amounts. Some people I'm assuming come to this site because they can't afford any more than that amount. I do hear and feel what's being said, but that is what a competition is about, "COMPETING". By the way, if the logo that I select is Really good, I believe in tipping, and plan to do so at the end of my tournament. Peace, Love and Blessings to ALL of you and your families!

Sounds great, will be checking your contest soon and participating in it.
good luck with it.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Lindsey said:
OK, seriously. Try to imagine this. If there was a limit of 100 entries on a contest, don't you think some fool would submit a bunch of poorly constructed logos (or even the same one) 100 times as fast as possible?

yeah - key word "fool"
like the jack who spammed it up the other weekend calling us all hacks but was not willing to show us what a "pro" could do...
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231