Forum

Withdrawing from Contest?

Logo Designer
I am new to LT and this may seem like a weird question, but what is the benefit of withdrawing from a contest? I have noticed that some designers withdraw their submissions even if they are ranked high enough to gain points. Is there a strategy that I am not aware of?

Thanks!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
the main reasons for withdrawing are because they feel they may be pushing the boundaries in terms of copying another designer or simply keeping their folio page clean.

i myself remove all entries except the highest one after a contest has ended.
some designers remove entries if they feel they haven't been ranked high enough as if it's like a way at getting back at the CH, its kinda stupid cos it achieves nothing, sometimes annoys the CH and reduces theur chances of getting points.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
That makes sense. I could see the appeal of having a cleaner portfolio page. Thanks for explaining, I am still learning a lot about the process.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I beleive as long as you are ranked, you get the points for, even if you withdraw....I withdraw when I fell the design won't move forward in the contest, and wish to move to folio.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Even if i'm ranked, i sometimes withdraw when i'm not prout enough with my art...
15 years ago

Logo Designer
btw
welcome to LT!
15 years ago

Client
Thanks for the good question, kmdesign, we were wondering the same thing as a CH. Should be in the FAQ for CHs.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I withdraw if I've tweaked a design and like the new design better.
Or, so I don't have a million variations of the same logo in my portfolio after a contest has ended.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I'd withdrew my design if the CH ranked down my entries without explanation/feedback. But, I will keep them stay if I'm sure I have the strong concept or the CH give me some feedback to revise my design.

To be honest, I'm not really like to see my design ranked out of the top 10. It's clear enough to me that my design is far from what CH need/looking for. So, I better withdraw them. Beside, I'm not brainstorming and sketching all day long for blue ribbon anyway.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231