Forum

Best Experience Ever - Wine Biz Radio

Client
Hey everybody! My contest ended last night, and I have to say that it was a phenomenal success! I had sixteen designers provide 105 logo entries, and while the quality and polish of the first couple days gave me the proverbial sunken feeling that I had made some grievous error, the last four days of my seven day contest really shined!

I credit a good deal of the success of this contest to my ongoing involvement, a seemingly never-ending routine of ranking and commenting on entries (though the last two days I had reached saturation and my willingness to comment on every single entry had flagged somewhat); but the majority of the credit goes to the amazing community of designers who are willing to go the extra distance, not just for the prize money but for the sense of doing the job well and taking pride in their work.

Of the designers who submitted, here are just a few of my observations:

glendon: You rocked it! You took a concept that was admittedly handed to you and all the other designers and made it something even cooler. As I told you privately, I will be proud to have your work be the face of my radio show.

EastCoast Creative: You surprised and delighted me in ways I never imagined. I'm usually not a sucker for caricatures, but your design was fabulous and shows exactly why you're ranked as highly as you are.

ShnickStudios: The Medal of Honor goes to you; you put up with incessant feedback and were gracious and accommodating. This more than anything convinced me that this will not be the last contest that I hold here.

NancyCarterDesign: Your design was the first to shake my previously unassailable belief that my concept was the right one for my show. I'm still saddened that we didn't end up exploring what your concept could have been, but once again it shows the richness and depth of experience to be found in this design community.

Honorable mentions go to de_signer74 and de.sign, who were among the first designers to submit entries, and whose entries consistently improved over the course of the contest. Kudos!

I had my doubts that I could get a fabulous result from a small sum of money; Times are tough, and being an independent media producer means I have next to no money pretty much all the time. This experience has shown me that you can get incredible value for the money, especially when you fully invest yourself in the design process.

Thanks again everyone!

--R
15 years ago

Logo Designer
congrats randy, im sure you will find that your logo pays for itself ten times over and then some =)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Props to Randy, thank you for taking the time to write and post your review
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Randy -- you hosted a great contest! Really. Thanks so much for your attentive ranking and discussions!

You have a great new logo!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks Randy.
Very well done with your involvement in the contest.
My hat off to you as well as ECC, Nancy, and Shnick.
Thanks!
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Hats off to all designers
15 years ago

Client
I wanted to follow up on this with some feedback from our audience and Twitter followers. I "soft" launched the logo on the show's Twitter account (which is where most of our audience follows us - http://twitter.com/winebizradio). There you will see that I purchased the 2nd place logo as well, because the caricatures were too good to pass up.

Anyhow, here's some feedback from some of our listeners:

drXeNo: @winebizradio I love the new logo!

winebratsf: @winebizradio PS you're looking MIGHTY sexy there with your glass of wine and headphones

RickBakas: @winebizradio 1. Love your new avatar

joelvincent: @winebizradio very "web2.0" looking... I dig it! Nice!

tomcwark: @winebizradio Good looking logo!

mwangbickler: @winebizradio Very nice!

sherylfisher: @winebizradio Much better! Now I don't have to squint and remember what I'm looking at or listening to!

====

So as you see, the logo is a hit, Glendon really kicked ass on his design, and I'm very happy with the result.

This weekend, I'll be hanging a banner with the logo on the ballroom wall at the Flamingo Resort in Santa Rosa as a media sponsor of the 2009 Wine Bloggers Conference, and I couldn't be more proud of the polished look and increased visibility that the new logo will bring. I'll post photos next week and link them here.

Thanks again!

--R
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Glendon's logo looks sweet...
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231